Tell me about cervical positions

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I'm not sure exactly how to determine things like high vs. low, or open vs. partially open vs. closed. Firm/soft I'm not as worried about since I do have the reference point of firm = closer to the feel of the tip of your nose and soft = closer to the feel of your lips.

I know that cervical position is a secondary, optional fertility sign. I am a lot more concerned with cervical fluid. I figure it can't hurt to learn though.

So, how open does it feel when it's "open"? How much does it need to be to be considered "partially open"? Etc etc etc.

Thanks!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
June 9th, 2012, 10:44 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
I have felt my cervical OS (opening) a grand total of 1 time. I can feel the bottom lip of my cervix, but that's about it. Even at it's lowest, it's beyond my fingers.

So when I'm checking CP Low = I can feel it High = I can't find it.

Hopefully someone else can help, but I don't think there was anyone in here who checked CP when I asked (at about the same stage of learning FAM as you are asking ).

I'm kinda envious you can touch yours.
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)
June 9th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
For what it's worth, I really didn't think I could reach mine because a long time ago I tried and couldn't find it. I was highly surprised the other day when I most definitely stumbled across a cervix.

I guess I'll just keep checking. I'm sure it varies woman to woman just how much opens/rises/softens etc. I'm just anxious to know things.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
June 9th, 2012, 12:56 PM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
I was the same way. I wanted to do everything tcyof said (except no contact, that was out of the question) and when I couldn't find my cervix I was kinda disappointed. I'd been trying to find it for years.. I'm not sure why I though it'd cooperate just cause I read a book
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)
June 9th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Destiny
I check mine. I didn't really know what I was doing at first, but I kept checking it everyday until I got a general idea of its stages. I think it's a good idea to make sure you're in the same position when you do it to. Doing it differently always throws me off.
I'm still a beginner, but I think if you keep checking and taking note of the sign it'll make mores sense as you go, especially if you know you're ovulating.

June 9th, 2012, 09:18 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It will start the make the most sense as you compare your observation from one day to the next. You'll learn what all the different positions feel like as you observe them.

Other than that, I'm no help. I don't check mine or teach that sign.
June 10th, 2012, 04:03 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I'm so 0 help on this. I've never ever done that.

June 10th, 2012, 09:40 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
It's something that takes a while to get a feel for. If you feel every day you'll eventually feel the difference. Mine would get so high I couldn't find it when I was fertile, but the rest of the month it'd be all over the place. For me it wasn't a good way to determine the start of a fertile time, but it would confirm that I was really close to O.

June 10th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It's just something you learn on a day to day basis. It took me about 2 cycles before I got it down. It was just a matter of comparing from one day to the next and when I would look back at my chart, I could see that there were similarities and differences at the same times during my cycle.

I have been checking my cervix daily (even while pregnant) for about 3 years now, so I am very familiar with every little change that takes place.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search