how often do you have...

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ShawnaCAN

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Twin Mama
i am curious, how many times a year do you experience delayed O or annovulatory cycles? does anyone know how often is considered normal?

i know, im still relatively new (8mos) off BCP so its definitely possible I will have more than others but it's cramping my TTC style. I had regular cycles the last 3 months after that crazy 53 some odd day cycle caused by the cortisone. now I get half-way positive OPK's CD12 lighter daily, cramps, EWCM, then my CM dries up but no temp rise. ANNOYED! gonna keep BD but seriously... what gives no temp rise!? the only thing i can think is a failed O.

June 18th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
You know I have no helpful advice but I definitely want to sub to this thread. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable pops in here soon!

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
June 18th, 2012, 06:04 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
From July-March when I was charting temps, I had one annovulatory and one delayed O cycle. I think it can be normal even if you've never been on hormones, but with TTC it's especially frustrating.

Don't give up on this cycle yet, though! You can O up to 3 days after peak, so you may see that thermal shift yet Good luck!

June 18th, 2012, 07:31 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As Lucy said, sometimes temps and mucus don't line up exactly. The temps can start to rise a few days after the mucus Peak, so I wouldn't call it annovulatory just yet. Give it a few more days!

At 8 months off the BCP, it's normal to still be having some irregularity. However, if you had irregularity or menstrual issues before the BCP....the BCP doesn't fix those. Those problems will still be there.
June 18th, 2012, 07:33 AM
plan4fate's Avatar I may bend, but not break
Send a message via MSN to plan4fate
*hugs* you know I'm in the same boat, and it's freaking annoying. I've only had one no O cycle for sure... the rest were iffy.
~TTC #1 together 2 years and counting ~

Awesome siggy made by Jaidynsmum
Matthew and Mark 08/24/2005 9w1d, Mattie Anne 04/07/2008 8w Mel and Dee 01/19/2010 (8 weeks) and 5 chemical pregnancies
Hope 07/22/2012@4w1d,Konnor 11/24/2012@3w6d,"Emmy"1/15/2013@ 3w6d,Ronen 02/10/2013@3w5d,Joy 07/19/2013@3w6d, "Pea" 09/06/2013@ 3w3d

Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, PCOS, Insulin resistant.
150mcg Synthyroid, 500mg Metformin (aiming for 1500mg)
June 18th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plan4fate View Post
*hugs* you know I'm in the same boat, and it's freaking annoying. I've only had one no O cycle for sure... the rest were iffy.
Do you think you O'd? I know you're always on the wet side, so I don't know if this is your post O wetness or if the OPKs caught your real surge and you're having a slow rise month. Either way you've sent the egg plenty of suitors. Hopefully the egg will pick one Good luck!

June 18th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Twin Mama
Thank you ladies for being a wonderful and not making me feel insanely dumb.

I know I have had a couple annov. cycles, one long long one caused by the cortisone shot. Before BCP I was what I THOUGHT was irregular every 26-35 days but now I know that not irregular, I only missed 1 period in my life (before charting) and that was while on BCP.

START My CM is in between sticky/creamy depending on the time of day which is weird. I'm marking it creamy because its white-ish but it feels more sticky on my fingers. I know my charting software still considers this fertile so it's throwing off my peak day. END

I had a VERY VERY unexpected and very high temp jump this morning (97.7 to 98.4), I got up at 5:15am (my temp time)and showed DH my temp and was like OMG what is this! I'm suspicious but I had no blankets on and there was no change in sleeping habits from the prior few days so, maybe its a real temp jump. But that does not help me figure out if we BD anywhere close to O because if my temps continue and confirm O, It could have been any of the days after CD12 when my LH surged I right? Should I chart my darkest OPK day CD12 as a +?

That's another question I have. When CM, OPK's and temps are all off from each other what do you do? FF is saying O CD12, OPK usually O is next day CD13, peak day rule: last day of EWCM was CD13 so CD14 should be O, my temp didn't rise until today CD16.

June 19th, 2012, 07:11 AM
I never had much luck with OPKs. Sometimes I'd have a great thermal shift and mucus build up but never got a positive OPK, other times I'd get a positive but by all other signs didn't O for a few days. So I personally wouldn't put too much stock in OPKs. TCOYF seems to be glitchy right now, so I can't chart talk you... but based on the info you have given, I bet you O'd yesterday. You can O up to 3 days after peak, so that would fulfill both peak day and thermal shift rules. Or maybe on CD14 but your body didn't register the progesterone yet. Hopefully your temp stays up two more days and you can confirm that you did indeed O

June 19th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Twin Mama
well i hope I didnt O on CD15 because our timing was awful then. here is a link to my attain fertility chart since TCOYF is being weird right now. My temp was up again this morning, not as high as yesterday (rats!) but it's the overall patter right i think this cycle is a wash because I got so confused about my O time, we only BD when I had my EWCM and then stopped.

June 19th, 2012, 07:54 AM
I think everything looks perfectly fine. It's not necessary to BD on the *exact* day of ovulation in order to conceive, as long as you target those days with wet and slippery CM and at least once during the day or two after it stops - you've timed things very well! Sperm can live in the CM up to 5 days.

When OPK's, temps, and mucus don't agree - the mucus Peak is the most accurate indicator to ovulation. That's when Peak is defined as the last day with a slippery sensation, not necessarily the day with the maximum amount of visible mucus. There might not even be any visible mucus left, but if a slippery feeling continues...Peak hasn't happened until that stops. Bear in mind that none of these signs (and all 3 together) don't tell us the exact day of ovulation. They just narrow it down for us, so we know approximately when ovulation was. Ovulation occurs closest to Peak day; usually on Peak itself or during the 2 days afterward...then the egg can live up to 24 hours.
bellabri287 likes this.
June 19th, 2012, 07:14 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I'm not sure if any of my kids have been conceived by bd'ing on the day of o, so just worry about getting it in the window.

June 19th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Twin Mama
OK so maybe we have a chance this cycle. I still don't know when I Oed, I think based on mucus CD14, we'll see what TCOYF does with tomorrows temp. So maybe 3DPO today... I should stay ignorant to my O date so I don't obsess!

I guess I'm paranoid because last month I thought we timed BD great and nothing happened, so I'm afraid I did something wrong or maybe I'm not really O-ing. My brain thinks that this time we have like no chance because we BD lass than last month... I hate my brain!

I will know for future reference Peak day is the best indication of O, temps confirm it. Thanks!

June 19th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellabri287 View Post
OK so maybe we have a chance this cycle. I still don't know when I Oed, I think based on mucus CD14, we'll see what TCOYF does with tomorrows temp. So maybe 3DPO today... I should stay ignorant to my O date so I don't obsess!

I guess I'm paranoid because last month I thought we timed BD great and nothing happened, so I'm afraid I did something wrong or maybe I'm not really O-ing. My brain thinks that this time we have like no chance because we BD lass than last month... I hate my brain!
Even all the best timing doesn't guarantee conception will occur. Not conceiving right away also doesn't automatically mean something is wrong. It's perfectly normal for couples with healthy fertility to take 6 - 12 cycles to conceive. Too much BDing can actually harm your chances, so less is actually better. It's all about timing. This cycle, there's nothing to regret - everything is timed just right.
June 20th, 2012, 09:11 AM
Good luck, hun! I got pregnant on our 6th cycle of hardcore trying, and I was starting to think something was wrong. I was actually getting frustrated with DH for not being more concerned. I knew of so many people getting pregnant on their first try or having an oops, but that's really not the norm.

I hope this is your cycle! Lots of baby dust to you!

June 20th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Twin Mama
thank you! i hope this cycle is it for me! waiting until the 26th or 27th to test, eep!

June 22nd, 2012, 05:34 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
GL in the next 4 or 5 days.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search