Charting and Co-sleeping

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2012, 06:52 AM
Destiny
So I've completed another post-partum cycle, and this is the first that I did my temps all the way through.
They don't seem to go anywhere or do anything, it might be because I'm often up at the wrong time to take it, or maybe because I'm co-sleeping? Are there any ways to bypass my sleeping schedule to get accurate temperatures? I usually have an alarm set for 7, but some nights the kids are all in bed or I'm breastfeeding or they're both awake really early and I have to take my temp too early.
Or is there an alternate thing I could do to positively confirm ovulation?

And while I'm at it,
HereToDream - TCOYF

I ovulated on CD21, but got a yeast infection right after and couldn't chart at that point. But there seemed to me to be an obvious drying up.
Any suggestions or advice since I'm just starting off?

June 21st, 2012, 08:00 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The simplest way around that one might be to learn a mucus-only method of NFP. They get into much more detail with the mucus so you can confirm fertility and infertility, day by day, with the mucus only - no need for temps at all. Billings is the method I use and teach.

The Billings Ovulation Method

The Creighton Model

There is also the Marquette Model. It incorporates the ClearBlue Fertility Monitor. Mucus, and or temp observations are optional. Geogeek has used this method, she can probably answer questions about what it was like.
Marquette University | Natural Family Planning

For any of the above methods to be effective, it's really critical to learn properly from an instructor.
June 22nd, 2012, 02:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would think you didn't ovulate last cycle but you were trying to. I was lucky enough when I was BFing and charting that as long as I temped fairly close to a consistant time and temped first I had fairly accurate temps.

I think since it's hard for you to know if you are getting accurate temps or if your hormones are still kind of whack, it would be better to focus more on charting CM and avoiding/preventing when fertile CM is present, like Shawna said. TCOYF does have that setting option as well (for you to chart CM only, or have it analyze CM only).

June 22nd, 2012, 05:22 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I think the other two ladies answered your question, so I'm thread jacking for a moment...I thought you left us Jamie? But your s/n says created in 2008, am I totally loosing it?

June 22nd, 2012, 09:02 AM
Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE angry uterus View Post
I would think you didn't ovulate last cycle but you were trying to. I was lucky enough when I was BFing and charting that as long as I temped fairly close to a consistant time and temped first I had fairly accurate temps.

I think since it's hard for you to know if you are getting accurate temps or if your hormones are still kind of whack, it would be better to focus more on charting CM and avoiding/preventing when fertile CM is present, like Shawna said. TCOYF does have that setting option as well (for you to chart CM only, or have it analyze CM only).
Are there going to be differences between a period on an ovulatory cycle vs an annovulatory one?
I think I'll giving temping another cycle and be more careful about it before I stop altogether if I still can't get results.

June 22nd, 2012, 09:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by breathing for two View Post
Are there going to be differences between a period on an ovulatory cycle vs an annovulatory one?
I think I'll giving temping another cycle and be more careful about it before I stop altogether if I still can't get results.
Not really. The bleeding is the same basically, its just not a "true period" since it wasn't caused by ovulation. But your cycle was shorter this last time versus the time before! Periods and any bleeding/spotting though should be treated as fertile if you haven't confirmed ovulation yet, is that right Shawna?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD3Tdance View Post
I think the other two ladies answered your question, so I'm thread jacking for a moment...I thought you left us Jamie? But your s/n says created in 2008, am I totally loosing it?
I did. I was gone for maybe six mo? It was an awesome break. This is the first I've stopped back to any of the forums I used to frequent. I came back when I got pregnant. I really don't like Cafe Mom. The women there are rather catty. Now my DDC has all gone to FB, which I don't like as much as JM, but eh, what can you do?

June 22nd, 2012, 11:53 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Yeah that happens with all the DDCs now, mine included, I fought going with them at first...but I have now...I'm a JM addict (5 hosted boards) but even I don't stop by the way I used to.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search