Me again... *UPDATE 7/6*

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ShawnaCAN
  • 1 Post By Babybear4

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
7/6 UPDATE: AF showed up this AM. It looks like I had an 8 day LP, which I am not TOO concerned about, since it is not only my first cycle off of HBC but also my first PP cycle. Thank you for all of your patient with me! <3

So, apparently, DH and I suck at FAM. We used nothing on my 2 most fertile days. Whoops.

Anyway, so here is a link to my chart. I am confused by where the coverline is marked and why it marks my O day as the day of the temp rise, though I don't even know if it was a legit rise, as it dropped today a bit.

- Member Charts

I know I will need 3 temps to confirm but what do you think? I REALLY freakin' hope my body didn't gear up to O and fail.

Last edited by Babybear4; July 6th, 2012 at 11:15 AM.
June 30th, 2012, 09:41 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The link says I don't have permission to view your chart.
June 30th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I fixed it, you should be able to view it now.

June 30th, 2012, 10:43 AM
With TCOYF, the coverline is always 0.1 degree above the highest of your previous 6 temps. 97.7 is the highest of your temps, so a coverline at 97.8 is 0.1 degree above that.

Right now, it's basing your O day on the mucus and the OPK's. It will move the little egg if your temps don't rise or if the mucus does not continue to dry up.
June 30th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
And if my temps DO rise, will it move it back 1 day?

I am wondering if today's temp is a fallback rise, since every other sign points to O? I guess I will find out for sure tomorrow. My temps have been all over the place this cycle, so I guess I will just wait and see if my period comes or if I get a + test in the next 10-12 days.

June 30th, 2012, 11:17 AM
It might move the little egg depending on when your temps rise, yes. But it will take the temps, mucus, and OPK into consideration to decide the best place to put the egg. Just bear in mind that none of these signs tell you the exact day of ovulation, only a daily ultrasound can tell you that. Charting just gives us a window, an estimate, of when ovulation likely occurred. With respect to the OPK, ovulation can occur 12 - 36 hours after a positive. With respect to the mucus Peak day (the last day with a slippery sensation, regardless of what kind of mucus was visible) - ovulation usually occurs on that day or during the 2 days after the slippery sensation stops. With respect to temperatures, they can rise just before ovulation or several days afterward!
Babybear4 likes this.
June 30th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Aye yi yi, so confusing!

Thank you for your patience with me. I will get it down eventually!

June 30th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Are you self teaching? That is definitely the more confusing way to learn! Taking a class and having the personalized support of an instructor to guide you through the steps of learning it all makes everything much easier! We tried it both ways! LOL
June 30th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Self teaching for now, since we can't afford the local courses right now. Come August, we will either start TTC or look into classes.

June 30th, 2012, 07:15 PM
You can always ask them to waive fees for the classes too! Most instructors will if you can't afford it!
June 30th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh, I'll have to look into that. There is a birth center about 30 minutes away that offers classes. It is the only local place I could find other than Planned Parenthood and for some reason, I just don't think PP's courses would be very educational. They just push and push and push BC.

July 1st, 2012, 12:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I was really hoping today's temp would give more of an idea. It did go up, though not as much as I was hoping it would so I guess just more waiting and temping.

CP and CM are still consistent with having O'd. Today it was much lower and definitely closed and my CM is between sticky and creamy. I am REALLY hoping that tomorrow's temp gives me a better clue.

July 2nd, 2012, 02:53 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I had fees waved for me, it is nice

July 2nd, 2012, 08:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Well, no better clue from temps today but my CM has COMPLETELY dried up. I just DO NOT know what to think. I guess I will know if I get a BFP or my period in the next 7-10 days.

July 3rd, 2012, 01:33 AM
GL waiting it out.

July 6th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Updated in first post.

July 6th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Yuck though, that would have caught me off guard, cuz I wouldn't have been expecting AF 8 days later.

July 6th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It DID catch me pretty off guard. I went to the bathroom and was like "What..the..??!" I am just glad to know that I likely DID ovulate and now hopefully things get back to normal quickly!
LJD3Tdance likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search