Question about opks and chart...

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 13th, 2012, 12:12 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay, so this is my first cycle charting with my saliva and I have used two opks the last two days. One on CD17 at night and one on CD18 in the morning. Can you look at the photos below and let me know what you think as well as my chart. I don't know how to read these. the CD18 am opk was from this morning. Am I fertile now? Will I be ovulating soon?

It looks like my opk from today was positive but the test line was darker than the control line. Is the test defective? They were both from the same lot.

I am going to start temping vaginally with my next cycle and using opks everyday I am not bleeding so I can get more accurate information.

My cycle has been about 30 days long the last 2-3 months but it seems like it might be a little longer than that this time. I wonder if my poor eating habits this month has contributed to that? I stopped juicing and have been drinking more soda and coffee as well as sugary foods. I love them - it's so hard to stop

Anyway, any insight into my chart/opks is greatly appreciated. My chart is so wonky!

Thanks! Mindy

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
July 13th, 2012, 01:03 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
Typically, you O about 24-48 hours after your LH surge (positive OPK), so combine that with your fertile CM you are likely very fertile right now. It is normal for the test line to be darker than the control line. I bet you'll see a temp spike in a few days.

A word of caution with OPKs, though. They are more likely to give false negatives in the morning, so it's best to test in the afternoon and evening. Also, it is possible to get a positive OPK and then not ovulate. Your body just kind of gears up and then decides not to.

I'm not sure how diet can affect your cycle. Sometimes cycles are just longer for no apparent reason, though.

July 13th, 2012, 01:28 PM
WorkerBeeMama's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you! That makes sense. I'm just trying to get a sense of what all the info means so I can know what is going on when I start TTC in September and October Much appreciated!

Mindy & Josh
Mama to 3 beautiful girls!
DD - Maya (11), DD - Sophia (7)
, & DD - Jane (0)

11/04 09/12 12/12
July 13th, 2012, 02:48 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Glad you got the answer you needed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search