Question about ovulation

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 29th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So, as you know, I ovulated 9 days ago, on CD 11 of last cycle and had a period that started on 5 DPO, leaving me with a 4 day LP.

So now, my question is: Since I JUST ovulated less than 2 weeks ago, is it even possible that I would ovulate early again this cycle? Would an egg even have time to mature and all of that in that short of a time period? Or does the fact that I had a period completely "restart" everything and the length of time between ovulation doesn't actually matter?

ETA: Also, does anybody know why attain won't mark this as a new cycle? Is it just because my LP was SO short? This is my chart: http://www.attainfertilityplanner.co...?m=babybear410

I e-mailed their help desk but now it keeps giving me an error message when I try to access it, so I thought maybe one of you would know.

July 29th, 2012, 10:15 AM
geogeek's Avatar Marsi's Mommy
If you go to contact support and then click on submit a ticket you can try to get some help there. I don't know about ovulation but I have no clue as to why it wouldn't start a new cycle. Perhaps look in the override settings to start a new cycle...

Thank you *kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

July 29th, 2012, 10:34 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it's possible you didn't ovulate with a 5 day LP, it looks more like you had an attempt at ovulation that failed...resulting in a withdrawal bleed. The mucus pattern doesn't show Peak according to the charting I teach, and the thermal shift is suspicious. The discarded temps are probably contributing to Attain's lack of certainty about a shift. When ovulation fails like that, withdrawal bleeding is not the start of a new cycle and yourbody can rev up to attempt ovulation again anytime.
July 29th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by geogeek View Post
If you go to contact support and then click on submit a ticket you can try to get some help there. I don't know about ovulation but I have no clue as to why it wouldn't start a new cycle. Perhaps look in the override settings to start a new cycle...
I did submit a ticket but the link it gives me to the helpdesk always comes up with an error message. I've also looked in the override settings and I don't see anything that says start a new cycle but I will look again. Thank you!

August 13th, 2012, 10:48 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Did this ever get straightened out?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search