Long Period

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2012, 12:17 PM
Destiny
Any ideas what's going on in this cycle? This is CD - 9 and I'm still spotting. My period keeps stopping and starting again and none of my usual period symptoms have let up, especially the cramping, but also the usual bloating, nausea, and fatigue and dizziness. They seem to be getting worse.
It was suggested to me that it might have something to do with my LP lengthening, but I'd like more opinions.

HereToDream - TCOYF

Thanks in Advance

August 1st, 2012, 12:56 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
One cycle I had AF until CD11, and started spotting 4 days into my LP. I had more bleeding than bleed free days that month, ugh! I went to the doctor and it turned out to be a huge cyst that had messed with ovulation the month before, which was causing issues. Once the cyst went away my cycles went back to normal. I'd have it checked out just in case, it could be a fibroid or something.

What were your AFs like before the pill? If they were like this before, then unfortunately this may be you going back to that. If that's the case and this occurs month after month, I'd recommend getting checked out for endo. That's how my cycles were before getting diagnosed and treated.

August 1st, 2012, 06:57 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh27 View Post
What were your AFs like before the pill? If they were like this before, then unfortunately this may be you going back to that. If that's the case and this occurs month after month, I'd recommend getting checked out for endo. That's how my cycles were before getting diagnosed and treated.

Other than that, I'm not much help. I'm on the other end of the spectrum wondering if it's odd to only have 3.5-4 day AFs, but I couldn't read and not send . It stinks when things are confusing.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
August 1st, 2012, 07:31 PM
Destiny
I've never been on the pill. but pre-baby I always had normal 4-6 day periods. My previous one was a normal length, but it was very very heavy. Almost hemorrhage levels of bleeding.
I suppose I'll have to go to the clinic to check for a cyst if it goes on any longer or recurs.

August 1st, 2012, 08:59 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Remind us...how many post partum periods have you had so far? It's fairly common for the first few to be longer and heavier than usual. If it doesn't improve after a few more cycles, there are several different things it could be (cysts, fibroid, hormonal imbalance, etc.)
August 2nd, 2012, 07:21 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
I can relate to the heavy bleeding, my doctor almost didn't believe me when I told her how often I had to change my pad some months. I don't have any advice, but I do think it'd be worth it to get it checked out just in case. If they don't find anything, then you'll know it's just a crumby cycles. If they find something, then they can treat it. Of course, I'm one of those weird people that likes going to my female doctor, lol. I like to know everything that's going on in my body.

August 2nd, 2012, 09:21 AM
Destiny
This is my fourth PP cycle.
I'll be relieved if it's just things evening out. I hate how invasive gyn appointments get, which really plays into why I'm going to wait it out. No bleeding yet today, though I'm still crampy, so I'm hoping I'm done with weird bleeding for a good long while.

August 13th, 2012, 11:01 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I've had 9 day periods before, thankfully not in many years, but sometimes bodies are just weird.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search