Would you chart this as spotting?

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ShawnaCAN

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2012, 09:49 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am fairly certain I am past O (I lost my thermometer in the move so I am not 100% certain) and although I do not usually chart my cervix position I sometimes check it just to see where it is, and when I check it I usually use a tissue or something around my finger. Well two days ago when I check it there was a tiny dot of blood on the tissue. Not a lot, literally I tiny dot. Would you chart this as spotting or would you brush it off as maybe the tissue irritated my cervix a little? I have been wrestling myself with how to chart it for the last two days and finally decided I'd bring the question here, lol.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

August 17th, 2012, 10:12 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If it's really critical to TTA right now, I don't think you can ignore it. It would have to be considered spotting, and potentially fertile (1,2,3 count afterward) since there's uncertainty as to whether you're past ovulation or not.

Even with the temps, have you been keeping a good CM record? I can help you determine if you're past O with that if you like.
August 17th, 2012, 10:37 AM
This month I have been keeping a solid CM record, the few months before that I haven't because Dh was gone to training and I was home in Texas and lazy to be honest. This month is also the first month I have been using TCOYF again since the last couple months I have just been putting everything into my mobile app for fertility friend. I put the links in here if you want, but I'm warning you they aren't pretty

August 17th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Here is the link to my fertility friends charts, and here is the link to my TCOYF charts.

As you can see, we were a little reckless and DTD cd13 BUT Dh did pull out and although I know it isn't full proof, he has been doing it for the last 2 years sometimes during fertile times and we haven't gotten pregnant yet. After this cycle though we WILL NOT be taking that risk until December when we are ready to TTC. I have my student teaching in the spring and do not want to have a baby during it.

August 17th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Aw bummer, FF doesn't tell me enough about the CM to identify Peak (too basic) and there's no vaginal sensation recorded on the TCOYF one, so that's not enough info either! It looks like you probably did ovulate, but I'm always cautious about assuming when people are TTA. The timing of the spotting is consistent with implantation though...just sayin'
August 17th, 2012, 01:21 PM
You just keep that opinion to yourself, lol. Yea I figured it would be too basic, I'm kicking myself in the butt for not charting the last few cycles. Guess I'm going to be heading to wal-greens this weekend to get me a new thermometer lol.

August 17th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Grab a test while you're there..... *ducks and runs*
August 17th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Shawna if you jinx my I will kill you Dd already came to me out to the blue yesterday and told me that I had two babies in my tummy not just food I am chalking that one up to Dh's cousin (Dd's *Uncle Cordy*) having a baby yesterday and her being excited.

Cute story moment: When we told her that her baby cousin was here and that Uncle Cordy is now a daddy she got really excited, jumped up and down, and then proceeded to ask us if Uncle Cordy was going to put the new baby on a plane and send him to us so she can have a baby brother. Then last night when I was tucking her into bed she says "Mama I want to ask you a question, wait don't say no yet, but can I have a baby brother AND a sister? Please mama please?" She had me rolling laughing. Gotta love 4 year olds.

AND it was literally a TINY amount of blood, like a pinprick so tiny...lol.

August 17th, 2012, 02:09 PM
A child's premonition can be powerful....

Keep us updated!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search