Fertility Friend gave me crosshairs

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2012, 12:59 AM
baabaamilker's Avatar Veteran
So fertility friend finally gave me cross hairs today. I don't agree with it as I had no fertile mucus or typical signs of ovulation on the day FF predicted I ovulated. I did however have fertile type mucus with a very very small amount of spotting (like during one wipe) on CD10.

However, for the last three days that my temp has stayed up I've cramped every day, appetite has increased as well. Also during those three days my mucus has been pretty much dry, both during walking around and wiping.

Since we seemed to have managed to not get pregnant this cycle ( I know according to FF it would be too early to tell for sure) it will be great to really determine when I'm ovulating.

So according to me I would have only two days or so left to start a new cycle, according to FF it would be about another 10-13 (assuming I have a normal LP). This will be interesting.

August 24th, 2012, 08:44 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd be a little skeptical about those CH's too. Your temps are very bouncy, are you temping by mouth?
August 24th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Yes, I am temping by mouth. I thought about vaginal temping but I really like the convenience of temping that way, I don't know how I'd manage to vaginal temp half asleep.

I'm not one to sleep with my mouth open, so I don't think that was an issue.

Oh, and I'm about 3/4 of the way through the Creighton Model book. What I'm learning is going to be very helpful in paying attention to how it feels when I wipe, instead of paying more attention to the way the CM looks. I'm already trying to use what I'm learning but I will enjoy it more when a new cycle begins.

August 24th, 2012, 10:25 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wonderful!
August 24th, 2012, 11:32 AM
One thing I noticed with even my miscarriage cycles is that my temp would zig zag back and forth, though not quite so dramatic as this cycle, and then eventually I would begin to get groupings of two to three day temps that were consistent, and they would begin to climb.

I don't know if this is a repeating pattern or not. The other thing that I noticed is that (based upon when I think I ovulated), my temp would do the zig zag two to three days before I ovulate and continue doing that until around 10-15 days later it would begin to group consistently and climb.

Things are awful strange right now.

One thing I hope is that my cycle would start soon because I was hoping to skip two cycles before trying again. My husband leaves the beginning of October and will be gone till toward the end of November. We can't try to conceive December-February due to the difficulty in obtaining the birth certificate here and our leaving around that time. So my being right about my ovulation would be a really good thing right now.

Otherwise we may give it a shot on the next cycle since he would miss the next one or two anyway.

August 24th, 2012, 11:11 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Are you temping at the exact same time every day?

August 25th, 2012, 12:25 AM
No, I don't temp at the same time everyday, but I try to get as close to possible. I've not noticed much of a difference with my temps as long as I know I got the three hours of uninterrupted sleep and I still am in my resting phase.

I guess fertility friend was right and now my temp is continuing to climb. Notice how the temperatures are now staying more even and grouping themselves together. I'm taking my temperature the same way during those groupings that I do every other day.

Since the first day of this rise (4 days ago) I have really noticed a change in my mucus, it has gotten quite dry, and I'm almost always producing something. During the three even temps of the rise I was also VERY hungry, and yesterday VERY sleepy. So there has definitely been a hormone change taken place.

The only thing that I didn't see that would lead me to believe I actually ovulated was the correct kind of mucus. I had plenty of mucus but it was more of the gummy, rubber cement kind. However, like Shawna said sometimes the cervix doesn't get on board with what is happening.

I'm super happy to see the change in my mucus and to finally have my temps rise.

Now next cycle I'm going to be prepared to implement the Creighton Model type of tracking, though I will continue to temp as I think that is a handy tool to determine if things are working normally as well. I never realized how in depth the Creighton model went as I never finished the classes (we were neither trying to prevent or having trouble conceiving at that time).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search