Cramping post ovulation

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 28th, 2012, 11:45 AM
baabaamilker's Avatar Veteran
I'm curious to know is it possible to experience cramps around the time you would expect the egg to make its way into the uterus (I'm 7DPO now) and it not be from the fertilized egg implanting?

I've not had enough non pregnant cycles to remember anything like that.

August 28th, 2012, 12:02 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Post ovulation cramping is normal during the first few days after ovulation, but 7 days later...not so much.

Why would it not be from the egg implanting? The timing of intercourse is good for conception.
August 28th, 2012, 01:34 PM
It wasn't that I thought that it couldn't be an implantation, but we were going to be trying to avoid this month, hoping for my body to get back to normal. However, seeing how my temperature reacted this month I would feel much more comfortable about the possibility of keeping a pregnancy this time around.

To be honest I've been feeling "symptomatic" since ovulation. Hungry, tired, and little nausea is beginning to sneak in, then today cramping. I've been cramping for several hours and they are some pretty good ones. I guess I was just looking for something that might keep me from thinking the cramping was just one more thing that might point to being pregnant again. Not because we are not wanting a baby you understand, but we were just trying to wait. If my body is ready now, my emotions sure are.

I was also not sure how long after a temp rise you could get pregnant. I know some methods recommend abstaining until three temps above coverline. Since we had intercourse the first night of the temp rise I wasn't real sure of the "chances" of actually catching the egg.

One thing is for sure, I'll be waiting to take a urine test. The blood tests are driving me crazy.

August 28th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baabaamilker View Post
I was also not sure how long after a temp rise you could get pregnant. I know some methods recommend abstaining until three temps above coverline. Since we had intercourse the first night of the temp rise I wasn't real sure of the "chances" of actually catching the egg.
The temps can begin to rise just before ovulation or a few days after. Once the egg is released, it can live up to 24 hours. So there's a decent chance of conception resulting from intercourse on CD22.

But then when you had EWCM on CD16 and intercourse on CD17. Whenever mucus is present, the 3 days after it stops are also potentially fertile. It takes 3 days for the plug to form in the cervix after mucus has been released. If the plug is not fully formed, sperm can enter and wait there for ovulation to occur. Sperm survival in the cervix is typically 3 -5 days, but cases of 6 or 7 days has been documented before.

So you've got double opportunities for conception!
August 28th, 2012, 10:10 PM
One more questions concerning temps. If you take a temp when you get less than three hours of consecutive sleep, wouldn't it be expected to be higher?

The last two nights I've been sleeping with a feverish baby who wakes often. Both mornings my temp has been lower than the previous temp three days ago.

I'm not sure about the lube properties of the EWCM. I wasn't paying attention so much as to what it felt like while walking around, or using the Creighton model by wiping. The consistency was more stringy/heavy like. So if you were to stretch it between your finger it would slough off because it seems heavy.

August 29th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
One more questions concerning temps. If you take a temp when you get less than three hours of consecutive sleep, wouldn't it be expected to be higher?

The last two nights I've been sleeping with a feverish baby who wakes often. Both mornings my temp has been lower than the previous temp three days ago.
Minor fluctuations don't matter. It's the overall pattern that counts. Your last few temps are still way above the cover line, so I really wouldn't read anything into the fact that they are slightly lower than before.

Quote:
I'm not sure about the lube properties of the EWCM. I wasn't paying attention so much as to what it felt like while walking around, or using the Creighton model by wiping. The consistency was more stringy/heavy like. So if you were to stretch it between your finger it would slough off because it seems heavy.
Doesn't matter. It was still mucus. *Any* kind of mucus outside of your infertile pattern is a sign that the cervix is not sealed off and sperm can survive in your body. A lubricative or slippery quality is something we look for to confirm when ovulation occurred, but that quality is not necessary for keeping sperm cells alive in the cervix.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search