Another temperature question

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 4th, 2012, 04:57 AM
baabaamilker's Avatar Veteran
Someone on here mentioned that some charting methods recommend not using your temperature during AF. I was curious about this because my temperatures during AF are my only steady temperature, and it is consistent from one cycle to the next. The only thing that might interrupt the seeing of this is if my ovulation comes early.

So how would you know if AF temperatures were reliable enough to draw a cover line from? What about AF temps would make them unreliable?

September 4th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
It's my understanding that some af temps can be unusually high because the progesterone may still be working its way out of your body, which can give you an inaccurate cover line.

*Cautiously and excitedly expecting number two - shhh, if we're friends on Facebook. *

Thank you to Babydoll213 for my fabulous siggie!
September 4th, 2012, 08:08 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ditto what Kayla said about progesterone affecting temps during AF.

However, you can reset your coverline every time it changes. As soon as you get 6 temps, you can draw a temporary coverline based on those. If another 6 temps in a row seems to indicate a different coverline, you can re-draw it.
September 4th, 2012, 01:38 PM
baabaamilker's Avatar Veteran
That makes sense. I think from looking at my temps that around 96.8-96.9 is average for me. Sometimes I've started AF with temps aroung 97.2 but then a few days later, closer to the end of AF, they drop back to the 96.8 or so. It seems like somewhere between AF and ovulation my temps get really wacky, the up and down stuff. During the time of AF they are very stable though.

I'm super tempted to get a hormone work up while my husband is away, but it can be pricey and I wanted to try everything we can do first. I haven't felt like we really have had a successful cycle avoiding a pregnancy yet. So since he will be gone for a couple of months I really should just wait to see how my body does under observation free from any intercourse and see if things really do return to "normal" during that time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search