It feels like no end of strange things for me

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2012, 09:12 AM
baabaamilker's Avatar Veteran
Normally, I head right into creamy mucus after AF, that's been the common thing for me for as long as I can remember. However, I do have to state there are times when I'm not paying as much attention. Also I know in waiting to get pregnant you can over analyze everything. I think it's a lot of fun scientifically too though.

Anyway, on to the point. I had a lot of mucus during the first three days of AF, that's unusual for me, and those were followed by several dry days, including today. That's unusual for me also. I don't know whether to think of the dry days as good or bad. Is it good because it makes me more "typical"? Or could it be bad indicating another thing gone wrong for me and veering me off of what was normal for me before?

I'll find out soon I know. This is our last try before my husband leaves for a couple of months. I'm following the Creighton model more closely this month and really paying attention to my mucus the way they teach.

September 7th, 2012, 10:11 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Every cycle is unique, try not to worry if things don't follow your usual pattern. It's normal for things to vary from cycle to cycle.

Also, if you like charting online - you can use nfpcharting.com for Creighton.
September 8th, 2012, 12:29 PM
You know I know that too, that the cycles can be different each time. In all of my recent cycles this one has been the different one.

Today I felt moist but didn't have any noticeable mucus other than..., and this is what I have a question about. Both yesterday and today I have had spurts of rubber cement type mucus with brown in it. I don't see the brown unless it is in the mucus. I might have this come up twice a day each day. Otherwise, in between these brown rubber cement sightings I was just dry, nothing on toilet paper and only a dry sensation.

Today I've felt a little more moist but other than the brown rubber cement a couple of times I have had no mucus when wiping.

Using the Creighton model should I mark this down as my observable mucus? I almost feel like it is still part of AF, just the old stuff maybe still caught up in the vaginal mucus, and since there isn't much of it right now it is taking a long time for it to come down and by time it gets to the opening the blood is brown and the mucus is quite dry. At one instance I found some of this mucus so dried up on my underwear it was like when you are boiling sugar water for candy and you drizzle some on a cool spot and it is brittle. This mucus was brittle and breakable.

September 9th, 2012, 12:00 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would definitely suggest working with a Creighton instructor to ensure you're charting it all correctly. I'm not qualified to provide much guidance about that. It's a very precise kind of medical charting, not meant to be done without guidance from their professionals. They do work with people long distance, by email or Skype.

- Welcome to FertilityCare
September 9th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Thank you Shawna, I did see that website while browsing around information about the Creighton model. I'm reluctant to do anything right now in that direction for two reasons, first of all I want to do it face to face when it finally comes to that. Secondly, we are trying to conceive, and my biological clock is ticking, so I don't want to delay just to understand how to use the method exactly. I feel fairly confident with what knowledge I do have about my ovulation at this point. I'm learning more and more the more cycles I do have.

I was thinking the other day that since baby number six I've consistently had about five cycles after each baby before being able to conceive again. I just discovered that and thought wow, I wonder if it is taking five cycles for my hormones to get back to normal now. Only time will prove whether that is true or not. I am on cycle five right now, so I'm hoping and praying that this one will be it. If I find this to be true it could be extremely helpful to me in the future.

One of the saddest things that happens to me when I get pregnant my milk supply dries up. I've been getting pregnant the first ovulation after baby and then miscarrying. That means no more nursing, and then the loss of the new baby really makes for an emotional time. I really enjoy nursing, and I really enjoy having babies, but when the loss of both come at the same time it's tough for me. If I could go ahead and TTA for five cycles after next baby then I could still have my nursing time with the baby, and maybe not have to deal with miscarriages when trying to conceive again.

I do love the Creighton Model for its in depth scientific mucus tracking, that sort of thing is right up my alley. Maybe I'll have the opportunity to learn it, if not maybe one of my girls will be interested. I showed the method to one of my girls and it was way too much detail for her right now. My girls are just using the basics of looking for EWCM and temping to help them pinpoint ovulation.

September 10th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Baa, have you ever looked into relactation after your milk dries? It takes some work, but I just weaned my nursling at 3.5yo, and we had to do it twice (prolonged nursing strike due to lots of teething, and gallbladder removal.) and it really works. My oldest couldn't nurse, so after 6 months of pumping and attempting to latch, my milk went away, and I remember how upsetting that was for me. I had no idea this was a thing back then, and I really wish I had known. Depending on how bf friendly your doc is, they can give you a boost of pregnancy hormones, followed by pp hormones to help your milk come back in, too. I don't have any experience with that, though.

Here's some links about relactation. http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/relactation/
http://www.healthychildren.org/Engli...No+local+token
http://theleakyboob.com/2011/12/your...o-relactation/
http://www.breastfeedingbasics.com/a...optive-nursing

And depending on how good you are at doing things on a schedule, the age of your nursling, and your husband's willingness to handle the household for a bit, you could try the "relactation bootcamp". It's AMAZING! http://www.fourfriends.com/abrw/Boot%20Camp/bc1a.htm

Last edited by Pax; September 10th, 2012 at 06:42 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search