Fertile Bleeding? Or not? TMI CM Questions.

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By rlh27
  • 2 Post By ShawnaCAN

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 21st, 2012, 10:16 PM
Twin Mama
I have a question, I hope you lovely ladies can help me. Is spotting on a liner/red blood at the cervix considered fertile when it accompanies a 'wet' sensation and CM?

This morning I felt 'wet' or soupy as I tend to call it down there and when I checked it was pink watery CM. It is showing up on a liner as pink/dusty, I checked my cervix and its very low and firm with watery red CM only at the cervix. I THINK this means AF would be here, or for me I guess it's estrogen breakthrough bleeding since I didn't ovulate?

Should I consider this a new cycle? I ask because my OBGYN want's to monitor next cycle, and I need to tell him when that happens. I think he will just order me on progesterone to 'start' my cycle if I call and ask him.

I think it's funny that my period would be due today if I had ovulated and coincidentaly I started spotting, which rarely happens. I'm not sure what that menas if anything. I think it MIGHT be my linning is too thick and now is when it would shed... but it's not doing it right because I didnt ovulate and it's confused. Yes my linning is confused.

September 22nd, 2012, 07:04 AM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I *still* have no idea how to classify this. I'm so sorry for all of the craziness in your cycle this past month. For what it's worth, I think it's likely that it's breakthrough bleeding. I'll let the experts weigh in, though.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
September 22nd, 2012, 08:24 AM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not positive, but I think it's considered potentially fertile.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

September 22nd, 2012, 09:07 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
Any time there's bleeding or spotting, without ovulation preceding it, it is considered fertile. Hopefully this will be just what your body needs to drop an egg
September 22nd, 2012, 09:22 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Exactly what Lucy said. NOT the start of a new cycle, even if it becomes as heavy as a regular period. Could be ovulation bleeding.
September 22nd, 2012, 09:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
All bleeding is considered fertile/potentially fertile.
September 22nd, 2012, 12:20 PM
Twin Mama
thanks ladies! i dont think it's ovulation, though a couple days ago i had some heavy cramping on my right side. could bleeding be delayed a day or two from that? i though ovulation bleeding occurred concurrent with ovulation? couldn't temp this morning, thanks doggie, so IDK what that may or may not have done. all my OPKs have been negative so far too.

is it possible my body is re-setting itself to try and ovulate again? why would it bleed before ovulation? ugh i wish i studied human biology in school so i know this stuff.

awesome that DH refuses to touch me when I have any type of bleeding down there. GR!

September 22nd, 2012, 12:55 PM
Breakthrough bleeding doesn't have to happen right at the same time as ovulation. It can happen as your estrogen levels begin to rise, so at the very beginning of the mucus phase, several days prior to ovulation. Rising estrogen releases the plug from the cervix, triggers the production of mucus, and without the plug in place - some bleeding can escape because the uterine lining is not stable. Once ovulation occurs, progesterone tells the cervix to form a plug again and it also stabilizes the uterine lining. Bleeding can escape at any time from the beginning of the mucus until the plug has formed again after ovulation.

Then there is withdrawal bleeding. If an attempt at ovulation fails, bleeding can occur from estrogen levels dropping. It's because the lining is unstable, since the stabilizing hormone - progesterone - only rises if ovulation has occurred.

And there's your long winded answer for the day.
Keakie and bellabri287 like this.
September 22nd, 2012, 03:25 PM
Twin Mama
Thank you for your wealth of knowledge! I'm not sure which of those this may have been but spotting is gone today... no bleeding/spotting even at the cervix, no slippery CM either so... yay for not knowing! I guess the only way you could tell is after confirming ovulation, which I dont think will happen.

I am really curious if this helps make things clearer as far as my fertile build up of CM. Since the toe 2 1/2 weeks ago my CM, VS, temps and OPKs have been clear as mud as to where my cycle is going.

At least now we can actually BD, since the bleeding is gone so whiner DH wont be all grossed out.

I wonder if starting WW wil affect my cycle, right now I can't excersise because of the toe. But I'm curious to see if the whole theory of loosing 10% of your weight can help ovulation. Watch, I loose 10% and get PG and then have to change my WW plan... and gain that 10% back in baby.

September 22nd, 2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellabri287 View Post
Thank you for your wealth of knowledge! I'm not sure which of those this may have been but spotting is gone today... no bleeding/spotting even at the cervix, no slippery CM either so... yay for not knowing! I guess the only way you could tell is after confirming ovulation, which I dont think will happen.

No, you can usually tell which one it is! Breakthrough bleeding/spotting is accompanied by CM - either visible CM or an increase in the amount of wetness you feel. Both the CM and the bleeding are a sign of rising estrogen; so an attempt at ovulation. You do have to wait to see if the attempt will be successful or not.

Withdrawal spotting is usually more "dry." You see the spotting, but otherwise feel dry. It usually occurs after you've experienced a mucus patch that didn't result in ovulation, then a few dry days (indicating that estrogen is dropping), then the spotting starts in response to that drop.

With the recent increase in CM that has just happened, I'd call this breakthrough.
September 22nd, 2012, 09:04 PM
Twin Mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
Breakthrough bleeding/spotting is accompanied by CM - either visible CM or an increase in the amount of wetness you feel. Both the CM and the bleeding are a sign of rising estrogen; so an attempt at ovulation. You do have to wait to see if the attempt will be successful or not.
I think I'll eat my words now. Maybe this is my body attempting again as I checked CM this evening and its very creamy/opaque and a little stringy/slippery. IDK how to chart that because the slippery quality diapered quickly and it was mostly creamy. I hope it's going to move to EWCM this week! I hope that was breakthrough from a drop in estrogen.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search