Evening Primrose or other herbs in TTC

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ShawnaCAN

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Still Trying for #1
I was interested in evening primrose oil, but I don't know if that would interfere with BOM or any other NFP. Do any herbs interfere with BOM?

I wish there was something else I could do to help me conceive. 14 months is too long a journey.

September 24th, 2012, 08:50 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope wouldn't interfere at all! High doses of Vitamin C can dry up your CM though, so watch that one.

Really though, the best approach to herbs is to figure out why you aren't conceiving and take herbs that target the underlying problem. Can be any number of things! A hormonal imbalance, polycystic ovaries, recovering from hormonal BC (full recovery from pills can take up to 18 months, up to 3 years for Depo). Etc. Your BOM chart will give some very important clues as to what the issue might be, to give a better idea which herbs/supplements might be the most beneficial for you. If there are no indications of a problem on the chart, then the next consideration is DH's fertility and/or your combined fertility (how well his sperm survives in your cervical mucus).
mrsb1029 likes this.
September 24th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Still Trying for #1
I haven't taken any hormonal BC in over 5 years and that was with an ex.

How many months of charting BOM would it take to see any clues as to our fertility? Are you able to read it?

September 24th, 2012, 09:28 AM
With 2 or 3 cycles of charting, we should be able to see some clues and ensure that you're timing intercourse correctly too. Sometimes it's as simple as not doing it at the right time or doing it too frequently.
September 24th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Still Trying for #1
Do you think you could help me with analyzing my chart after a couple cycles?

September 24th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Yes, certainly. We should chat after your first 2 weeks of sensation charting though, just to make sure it's all making sense to you. That way you won't get in any bad habits of doing it incorrectly and then the whole 2 months of data would be a waste!
September 24th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Still Trying for #1
Sounds great! Thanks Shawna!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search