Not looking so good

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By Babybear4
  • 1 Post By THE angry uterus
  • 1 Post By Babybear4
  • 1 Post By Babybear4

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2012, 09:08 PM
baabaamilker's Avatar Veteran
Well, my temps are taking a dive. I tend to have a 12 day luteal phase, so should I start tomorrow, as I think I may, I'm going to move my crosshairs back to where I think ovulation took place because that would be more accurate.

The symptoms of a pregnancy having took place are extremely convincing. Much as I don't want to I'm going to have my husband run another blood test tonight. Just knowing that it was another chemical will help me to try to understand a little more what is going on, and help the Dr. to understand as well, should I ever manage to get into see a Dr. I'm just no good at going to see Dr.'s.

I'm hoping if I'm going to start that it will get right on it tomorrow because we may have just enough time to give it another try before my husband leaves. Should I start AF I'm going to drop all supplements because if pregnancy does not occur before my husband leaves I'll be planning on ordering a full panel hormone work up to see if we can make sense of where my body isn't working properly, and then I know a Naturopath can help me understand which supplements would be best for me.

Thanks for letting me ramble and document my struggles.

September 24th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just a thought...but have you ever considered that the "pregnancy symptoms" that you seem to experience virtually every.single.cycle are actually AF symptoms and that you aren't having chemicals every.single.cycle but rather, you are getting your period?

I only say this because, following your posts, it seems that if you look at your charts, they show a consistent temperature rise an average of 10-12 days prior to AF starting, and if you took out your "feeling" that you might be ovulating earlier than your temperature is actually rising and look at the actual data you have, then the data would show that whatever tests your husband uses aren't accurate and you are actually having totally normal cycles.

IDK, if it were me, I think I would much rather think that my body is having totally normal periods then to convince myself that I am having chemical pregnancies each and every cycle, especially when that is what all data except for the home blood tests that your husband is performing on you point to.

Not trying to be insensitive, just offering an opinion.

September 25th, 2012, 02:08 AM
baabaamilker's Avatar Veteran
I agree with you. I really want to do that, in some ways it would make it easier for me. I would have to adjust to the new norm. I've never had AF symptoms previous to the miscarriages I had in 2010-2011, before I had my last baby (I also spotted that entire first trimester and I've never had that happen before, so I know something was lacking). I hardly ever new AF was coming. Then I started experiencing symptoms that I would only get while pregnant. My husband would do a blood test at home, this time using a different brand than we are currently, and they were all coming up positive as well.

He did phlebotomy for 13 years and he says that the way he is doing it at home is exactly the way they do it in the lab, using the same kind of test.

I would love to think that I'm not having a hormonal issue, and I just need to be patient and wait. However, the weak shaky limbs, bloated belly (no where else, just the belly), the extreme exhaustion, sudden constipation when eating a whole grain diet, etc. would be completely out of the ordinary for me. Not to say that things aren't going to change for me, I'm sure that things will both in being able to conceive and just throughout regular cycles.

Thank you for your input. It's been hard to know whether to believe those tests myself but it's very hard to manufacture HCG outside of pregnancy.

September 25th, 2012, 06:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Every cycle for oh, say, the last several years. Sounds like AF to me too. What about perimenopause? After 9 kids I'm sure you're well into Advanced Maternal Age. If not, how did you ever get pregnant 9 times over? Maybe you should stop 'trying' and just do what you did before. You seem to have nearly stairstep kids. I call Troll.
Babybear4 likes this.
September 25th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by baabaamilker View Post
I agree with you. I really want to do that, in some ways it would make it easier for me. I would have to adjust to the new norm. I've never had AF symptoms previous to the miscarriages I had in 2010-2011, before I had my last baby (I also spotted that entire first trimester and I've never had that happen before, so I know something was lacking). I hardly ever new AF was coming. Then I started experiencing symptoms that I would only get while pregnant. My husband would do a blood test at home, this time using a different brand than we are currently, and they were all coming up positive as well.

He did phlebotomy for 13 years and he says that the way he is doing it at home is exactly the way they do it in the lab, using the same kind of test.

I would love to think that I'm not having a hormonal issue, and I just need to be patient and wait. However, the weak shaky limbs, bloated belly (no where else, just the belly), the extreme exhaustion, sudden constipation when eating a whole grain diet, etc. would be completely out of the ordinary for me. Not to say that things aren't going to change for me, I'm sure that things will both in being able to conceive and just throughout regular cycles.

Thank you for your input. It's been hard to know whether to believe those tests myself but it's very hard to manufacture HCG outside of pregnancy.
What I am saying, though, is that I don't think you're producing HCG. It would be very rare to receive a + on a blood test PRIOR to ovulation, which is when you were getting positives, according to all of the actual data you were recording. Even IF you were 1 in a million who ovulated a week or more before your temperature actually rose, it would be even MORE rare to get a positive blood test prior to 10 DPO and then make it to over 20 DPO with no positive urine test.

Maybe consulting with an actual physician would be your best bet, rather than deciding for yourself, based on obviously faulty tests (at least obvious to most others) that you are consistently miscarrying every.single.cycle. I think maybe consulting with a pyschologist would be useful, also, because insisting you are having miscarriages rather than periods, when all data points to the latter, can't be healthy mentally.
THE angry uterus likes this.

September 25th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I just think she's a fake. Seriously I have been coming here since Oliver was a baby and she has been here nearly that entire time with the same story and baby Sam just doesn't seem to be looking as old as a 3 year old should. Member since Aug 2008. probably a hundred "discarriages" since then. Exploiting Shawna and her support and advice, and just plain annoying me.

It feels good to finally say it. Go troll elsewhere.
September 25th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE angry uterus View Post
I just think she's a fake. Seriously I have been coming here since Oliver was a baby and she has been here nearly that entire time with the same story and baby Sam just doesn't seem to be looking as old as a 3 year old should. Member since Aug 2008. probably a hundred "discarriages" since then. Exploiting Shawna and her support and advice, and just plain annoying me.

It feels good to finally say it. Go troll elsewhere.
I am LOLing here. I think that mostly, everybody has thought the same thing but nobody has wanted to say anything, so now it's finally out there.

I don't know how Shawna has been so patient.
THE angry uterus likes this.

September 25th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I KNOW!! I was all OMGee!! I can't believe she's playing this same old story! LOL No one is THAT stupid! (eiyher to BE her or to BELIEVE her!) I must be pregnant to be this blunt lately. Oh, wait... Maybe its my period... But my husband gets these sticks I pee on and two lines show up every mo... MAYBE I'M OVULATING!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search