ovulating and cervical mucous-update

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 2nd, 2012, 05:34 PM
mommy2skyty's Avatar Super Mommy
So it has been a month since I have had my IUD removed and I have read "Taking Charge of Your Fertility." I have been checking my cervical fluid regularly and on Saturday night I noticed I had lots of eggwhite cervical mucous. It came out pretty quickly so I didn't think much of it until that night and my husband and I had intercourse and he forgot to pull out. Usually we been very careful especially because I am still learning about what is going on with my body. What do you think my odds are that I am ovluating?

Today AF came which I am ok with because it means my body is trying to back to it's pre hormonal days. I am pretty sure this is my first AF since after I had my daughter back in 2008. I must admit it is really exciting getting to know my body and being able to predict when I am ovulating, checking my cervical fluid to see where I am in my cycle, getting AF, and other changes in my body. TMI- I was checking my cervix last night and I could tell that I would be getting AF.

Skyla Helen- Feb 2nd, 2008
Tyler Lyman- Sep 6th, 2009

Quinn Kayden- Aug 17th, 2013

My kids are growing up soo fast!

Last edited by mommy2skyty; October 10th, 2012 at 04:46 PM.
October 2nd, 2012, 06:30 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Only time will tell! Did you have the Paraguardor Mirena?
October 2nd, 2012, 06:50 PM
I had the Mirena in for 3 years! In 2 weeks I hope to see either AF or maybe a slight chance of a BFP.

October 2nd, 2012, 07:30 PM
It can take a very long time to get pregnant post-mirena.Not saying it's impossible, but if that's what your hoping for, you should know what your chances are. If I remember correctly my ob told us to expect 6 months of trying when I had mine taken out. It actually took 18 months, but I have other fertility issues, so your mileage may vary.

October 2nd, 2012, 07:34 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since it was the Mirena and there's hormonal recovery involved, your body might attempt ovulation multiple times before it's successful. So each time fertile CM is present, it means your body is trying...but you can only tell after the mucus patch is finished whether the attempt was successful or not.
October 10th, 2012, 10:08 PM
bump

October 15th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
I think Shawna already covered everything pretty well. Some women get EWCM for only a day or two before O, and some women get it for a week or more. It really varies, and as you're likely regulating your hormones it will vary even more. You can't confirm O from EWCM alone. Drying up suddenly is a good indicator that O has occurred (as well as a thermal shift, if you're tracking temperature too) but again, that's really only something you can determine in retrospect, KWIM? Some women, especially but not limited to those regulating after hormonal birth control, gear up to ovulate and then fail to more than once per cycle. The best you can really do prior to CM drying up or seeing a thermal shift (preferably both) is assume that you have/are about to and act accordingly (whether that means BD or TTA).

Good luck on your NFP/FAM journey! It *is* cool to get to know your body and your cycle.

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search