Encouragement and advice

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ShawnaCAN

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Still Trying for #1
What is a good male libido booster? And can you conceive off of BD'ing just once a week. The reason I ask is because this is mine and my hubby's situation. He is mostly too tired or even too stressed to BD usually 5 days out of the week. If things are going well in a week, it will be twice, but we usually only BD once a week.

It is a frustrating situation and our sex life has only been this way since he started this job about 19 months ago. It didn't bother me until I realized, after we started trying, that conceiving is harder than many people make it look. I love my husband dearly and would love some words of encouragement.

October 15th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Keakie's Avatar Learning to walk in faith
If you're charting your cycle (which I gather you are, from your ticker) and tracking your fertility signs, I would absolutely think it's possible to conceive even if you're only BDing once or twice per week. The important thing is when in relation to ovulation are you BDing?

Thank you to Jaidynsmum for our awesome banner and my fabulous siggie!
October 15th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Still Trying for #1
It usually depends because we almost always only BD on weekends. This cycle I had 7 days almost 8 of fertile CM and we BD on day 1 of fertile CM.

October 15th, 2012, 03:58 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You can certainly conceive with BDing only once or twice per week, but it's critical to try when you're at your most fertile - that's when the CM is slippery. BDign 5 times per week could actually make it harder to conceive, it's a myth that you need to need to BD a lot to get pregnant. The truth is that you need to BD at the right time to get pregnant.
LiamsMother likes this.
October 15th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Still Trying for #1
Thanks ladies It's probably gonna be a long ride to my bfp.

October 16th, 2012, 11:35 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
I don't have any advice, but I wanted to be included in this thread so you would know I'm thinking about you

I hope you and DH find a good balance of frequency but not overworking him.
October 16th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Still Trying for #1
Thanks, Lucy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search