Aggravated...please help?

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 23rd, 2012, 08:48 AM
Well, me and my s/o were ttc. I thought I was I had all of these symptoms, but now im thinking it might have been all in my head but im not to convinced of that. Anyways, it seems almost impossible for me to conceive...1. I have irregular periods...very irregular and I dont know when to try. 2. My s/o is only home on the weekends because of his job.

I don't see how were ever going to be able to have another baby. Im kind of down about it and worried I just won't have another baby for a while.

Any advice on how to chart with irregular periods? Should I just give up and not worry and just let whatever happen happen? Im just not sure where to go from here.
October 23rd, 2012, 09:01 AM
TerriLF's Avatar Super Mommy
Even if you have irregular periods, you should be able to chart your temps and cm to tell when you are fertile. As for as your SO only being home on the weekends, it may take a awhile for your fertile period and him being home to come together, but don't get discourage. Just start temping (I'm new to it) and checking CM and then you will atleast know when your ovulating.
October 23rd, 2012, 09:16 AM
Im gana have to research all that stuff cuz ive never done it before either. Thank you!
October 23rd, 2012, 02:02 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
There's no reason you can't chart with irregular periods. There is no way for anyone to predict when they will be fertile, but charting tells you day by day if you are fertile or not. I also have very irregular cycles due to a condition called Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome and we just had our 6th child....because I can recognize my fertile time with charting. Now we'll be charting to avoid pregnancy.
October 25th, 2012, 06:26 PM
TaraJo29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Charting can definitely help you. I don't know if temps are that necessary (?) since they only tell you when you already ovulated (or haven't yet)... But charting & learning to recognize your mucus pattern would be a very good idea. If your husband is home and your cm is sticky then don't worry about TTC if you're too exhausted or whatever. But if the weekend is approaching and you see or feel slippery mucus, then you will know that it's a good time to try. Also, you could try using Ovulation Predictor Kits. I've never used them but for people with irregular cycles it seems to help a lot.

Also, I would read Fertility, Cycles & Nutrition to help you assess whether there's anything in your diet or lifestyle that could help make your cycles more regular. She talks about things like using night-lights and how, for some people, it can mess up their cycles... losing weight, gaining wait, things to eat, supplements, etc, etc. Worth a look, especially since it's an easy read.

[/url]

October 26th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Still Trying for #1
I agree with TaraJo.

November 2nd, 2012, 11:36 PM
Veteran
I once had irregular periods then my OB adviced that I take pills for 2 months...it did a great job correcting my cycle to 28 days...
November 12th, 2012, 11:28 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I have had irregular cycles for a long time, it hasn't stopped conception or charting. Charting doesn't have to have anything to do with a calendar.

Tags
advice , charting , irregular periods , ttc

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search