Question about EWCM while BFing

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 31st, 2012, 12:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm 7 1/2 weeks post-partum and exclusively BFing and have been having EWCM for a week or two now..pretty much as soon as my lochia stopped. The last few days the CM has been streaked with a little red spotting. I sincerely doubt I'm anywhere near to ovulating (AF didn't return until I had completely weaned DS #1 at 10 months). Is there any other explanation for EWCM and spotting at this point? Is this something I should be concerned about?

My Ovulation Chart
October 31st, 2012, 01:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Could be BV...
October 31st, 2012, 01:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
What is BV?

My Ovulation Chart
October 31st, 2012, 01:11 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Bacterial vaginosis. Its a vaginal infection.

You can test with an otc test from vagisil or use a ph strip. If you have an infection it will turn blue.
October 31st, 2012, 01:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh. Well, TMI but it's not "foul-smelling." I had my 6 week checkup a week ago and everything was fine then. But I suppose it's possible that it's that.

My Ovulation Chart
October 31st, 2012, 01:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
But if its past the 56 days(?) It could still be fertile cm even if ebfing. I've had my period return after 3-4 mo with my first 3. I blame it on them having weaker sucks then my sons.

I've had BV without the smell or itching before. I only knew I had it cause they tested me (when PG)
October 31st, 2012, 02:35 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It could just be the tail end of your lochia, which can be mucousy as the cervix heals and forms it's plug again. It could also be infertile discharge; very common for BFing Moms to have an infertile pattern that resembles fertile mucus. It requires 2-3 weeks of charting to confirm it as infertile. If you meet the conditions for LAM, no need to consider it fertile. If you don't qualify for LAM, consider it potentially fertile!
October 31st, 2012, 03:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I do meet the conditions of LAM, except my baby occasionally sleeps 6-8 1/2 hours at night.

ETA: I'm not worried about being potentially "fertile". We are NTNP, DH has low sperm count and it takes us many months of actively TTC to get pregnant. I just like to know what is going on with my body.

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by wishfulgal; October 31st, 2012 at 03:41 PM.
November 1st, 2012, 09:54 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's pretty likely just the tail end of lochia. If it disappears over the next week or so, that's probably all it is. If it stays, it's probably just your infertile discharge this time around!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search