Need to find other options for TTC

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Hi Ladies,

My DH and I have been ttc for 14 months. Two years ago my cycles were irregular and my doctor had me go through a series of test that concluded I had PCOS. Well this year he ran the same tests and concluded my hormone levels were fine and I no longer had PCOS. I started charting 5 months ago and my charts look great consistent with ovulation. I even have positive OPKs every month, which when I told my doctor which day I had a positive OPK he said that wasn't correct and I O'd later than the OPK detected. He sent my husband in for an analysis and the results came back that he was fine. So now the doctor thinks that due to my painful AFs I may have endometriosis and would like to do an invasive procedure to determine if that is the cause. I have an appointment next month to discuss my options with the doctor. A friend of mine that had PCOS suggested I take birth control for a month and then stop and it would restart everything. I tried taking EPO this past two months in an attempt to assist the process. I would like to get some advice from some of you ladies that may have been in a similar situation. I don't want the invasive procedure but if that will speed up the process then I will do it, but i'm interested in other options. Maybe endometriosis really isn't a factor. What questions should I ask the doctor? What are some alternatives that in your experience weren't suggested but now that you know more you wish you would have asked about?
January 1st, 2013, 10:32 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well first off, BC doesn't reset or regulate your natural hormones. If something is off there, you need to find out what it is and fix that if you want your natural hormines regulated.

What tests did he use to diagnose the PCOS? That is something you can treat, but it doesn't come and go like that.

I would suggest a second opinion from a Natural Family Planning physician. They tend to have a more in depth knowledge of fertility than mainstream doctors, and even most gynecologists!
January 2nd, 2013, 01:54 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
How did your doctor determine when you were ovulating?

January 2nd, 2013, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
Well first off, BC doesn't reset or regulate your natural hormones. If something is off there, you need to find out what it is and fix that if you want your natural hormines regulated.

What tests did he use to diagnose the PCOS? That is something you can treat, but it doesn't come and go like that.

I would suggest a second opinion from a Natural Family Planning physician. They tend to have a more in depth knowledge of fertility than mainstream doctors, and even most gynecologists!
@ShawnaCAN My doctor sent me in for bloodwork to determine my hormone levels and did a transvaginal ultrasound. I will look into that, didn't know that was an option. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD3Tdance View Post
How did your doctor determine when you were ovulating?
@LJD3Tdance He looked at my chart and told me it happened during the elevated temps. Now that I know more about charting than I did then he was a little off himself only because he was circling the area behind my temp spike.

Last edited by sweety02; January 2nd, 2013 at 07:19 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search