Do you think I'm pregnant?

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2007, 12:55 PM
MadreJoyce
I need your help ladies..

Im an experienced TTC Charter & I hate hormonal BC, so my husband & I have chosen not to use anything other than the NFP method, since im pretty familiar with my body.

Well Im breastfeeding & Havent had any bleeding AF or anything since around 7wpp. I kinda charted off an on, not really worried since I was BF but im prob pushing my luck with that since I just started DS on Solids this month. So we decided to get serious about charting. It took me a while to get back to temping.. I kept waking up forgetting to temp for around 2 weeks. Finally.. I got serious, but I didnt expect to see anything. Holy Moly FF gave me cross hairs & DH & I DTD that day. I keep thinking what are the odds?? Now DH & I have promised to be more careful but I keep worrying we may already be pregnant again. I just really wasnt expecting to O my first month back charting.

To top it off, the last 48hours ive had a splitting headache & im soo tired (i slept 12 hours last night (I co-sleep) I cant hardly keep my eyes open when im driving! Maybe Im just in a freaky funk or something?

I could really use some help here with interpreting my chart. I would have been more careful if my cervix was cooperating more, but it wasnt seeming consistant with Oing like I thought it would have been from my past experience.

Im just rambling now.. Any thoughts?
March 26th, 2007, 01:31 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think you've ovulated, but there just isn't enough temperature data before the crosshairs to say for sure. Your mucus pattern does not look like it, more like an attempt at ovulation that wasn't successful which is common in breastfeeding Moms during the return of fertility. FF is also notorious for false interpretations. Try putting it on Fertility Awareness instead of Advanced for interpretation, it's a little more accurate that way.

After 6 months post partum, the likelihood that you will ovulate prior to your first PPAF is very high. Charting to TTC is quite different from charting to avoid pregnancy. I would highly encourage you to get proper training in a method of NFP if you have serious need to avoid pregnancy. I can check to see if there are any instructors near you if you like. It's common for breastfeeding Moms to have infertile discharge that is a lot like cervical mucus, which it looks like it might be happening with all those creamy and sticky days on your chart. But, until that is properly evaluated you have to consider all discharge potentially fertile because if it is cervical mucus, it can keep sperm alive for up to 5 days and you could ovulate.

Does that help?
March 26th, 2007, 01:54 PM
MadreJoyce
Quote:
I don't think you've ovulated, but there just isn't enough temperature data before the crosshairs to say for sure. Your mucus pattern does not look like it, more like an attempt at ovulation that wasn't successful which is common in breastfeeding Moms during the return of fertility. FF is also notorious for false interpretations. Try putting it on Fertility Awareness instead of Advanced for interpretation, it's a little more accurate that way.

After 6 months post partum, the likelihood that you will ovulate prior to your first PPAF is very high. Charting to TTC is quite different from charting to avoid pregnancy. I would highly encourage you to get proper training in a method of NFP if you have serious need to avoid pregnancy. I can check to see if there are any instructors near you if you like. It's common for breastfeeding Moms to have infertile discharge that is a lot like cervical mucus, which it looks like it might be happening with all those creamy and sticky days on your chart. But, until that is properly evaluated you have to consider all discharge potentially fertile because if it is cervical mucus, it can keep sperm alive for up to 5 days and you could ovulate.

Does that help?[/b]

O wow, yes that was some amazing help. I would love to know more about charting to avoid.
March 26th, 2007, 05:52 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The specific NFP method is in bold, teachers for NC underneath. (Some methods also offer correspondance courses and online instruction, so be sure to check out the Resources Sticky). You can also read about the differences between the methods there, to choose one that suits you best. Billings or Creighton are both very good while breastfeeding.

Billings Ovulation Method
Judy Townsend
Charlotte, North Carolina 28277
704-321-9651
jtownsend1993@msn.com

Andrea Schroder
Hickory, North Carolina 28601
(828) 325-9819
aschroder@charter.net

Creighton Model

FertilityCare Services of Western NC
Concord, NC 28025
Features NaProTECHNOLOGY®
Phone: 704-788-1134 Fax: 704-778-1186
e-mail: hsandyholl@vnet.net
-----------------------------------------------------------------
FertilityCare Services of Western NC - Salisbury Satellite
Salisbury, NC 28114
Phone: 704-633-9551 Fax: 704-633-9551 (call first)
e-mail: mbperkins@salisbury.net
-----------------------------------------------------------------
St. Felicity FertilityCare Services
Fayetteville, NC 28314
Phone: 910-867-7863
e-mail: jcmushtare@aol.com

Couple to Couple League Sympto Thermal Method

Todd & Stephanie Brown
Winston Salem, North Carolina
336-765-2909 TODDYB@BELLSOUTH.NET

Scott & Carri Richter
Greensboro, North Carolina
(336) 621-1071 csrichter@triad.rr.com

Gregory & Tara Brelinsky
Henderson, North Carolina
252-438-3243 BIGFAMILYENT@YAHOO.COM

David & Betsy Shamine
Holly Springs, North Carolina
(309) 243-5480 shamine@nc.rr.com

Tim & Jeanne Thelen
Raleigh, North Carolina
919-786-1205 JTHELEN@nc.rr.com

Matthew & Mary Kathleen Harrison
Concord, North Carolina
704-786-8799 mattkat1@juno.com

Steve & Ali Fichter
Charlotte, North Carolina
(704) 969-1880 teamfichter@aol.com

Billy & Kelly Schiffiano
Charlotte, North Carolina
704-845-1435 kbs1299@alltel.net

Anthony & Tracy Smith
Wilmington, North Carolina
910-793-4873 atsmith@bellsouth.net

Albert & Marianna De Lachica
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
(336) 667-9044 beanzorro@hotmail.com

Thomas & Barclay Roberts
Weaverville, North Carolina
828-658-8174 barclay@tomroberts.org

Guy & Susan Karcher
Webster, North Carolina
828-631-1212 SUSANKARCHER@MCHSI.COM
April 1st, 2007, 07:42 AM
NutMeg76's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The temps make it look like you may have O'd, but the CM is kind of sketchy, plus you don't have a lot of temps before O.

But, with that said, and the drop in temp over the past few days, it doesn't look to me like you are pregoo.

When they persisted in questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let the person among you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7
Sail Back to Me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search