New here !

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2007, 07:18 PM
TIGERLILY69QT's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to TIGERLILY69QT Send a message via MSN to TIGERLILY69QT Send a message via Yahoo to TIGERLILY69QT
I had a Mirena IUD from 3/06-2/07 and let me say it was very very bad ordeal. We are going to try NFP. I got what I believe is my 1st period, it came 43 days after removal . Since my body is screwy were are going to wait and see when AF decides to come next month and hopefully from there I'll be regular. I am normally a 28 days gal ! Here's hoping !

So what are my options of methods with NFP ? I've heard of a bunch but never got any real info on them.

March 26th, 2007, 07:24 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
So what are my options of methods with NFP ? I've heard of a bunch but never got any real info on them.[/b]
Welcome!

To answer your question, I will direct you towards the Resource Sticky - it lists all the methods and at the bottom there is also a link to a little write up that briefly describes them (NFP Method Comparison). If you have any questions, just ask!
March 27th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
Welcome

I used the mirena IUD also. I had lots of problems with that. Now I am learn the billings method.

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

April 17th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Send a message via AIM to TIGERLILY69QT Send a message via MSN to TIGERLILY69QT Send a message via Yahoo to TIGERLILY69QT
I've read up on many but I cant do anything that involves temp taking. I am in and out of bed during the early morning with my DD (who will never sleep through the night )

April 17th, 2007, 01:34 PM
Quote:
I've read up on many but I cant do anything that involves temp taking. I am in and out of bed during the early morning with my DD (who will never sleep through the night ) [/b]

No problem, may I reccomend either the Billings Ovulation Method or the Creighton Model? Both are highly effective and do not require temps, just proper training in how to accurately interpret your mucus pattern.
April 17th, 2007, 01:54 PM
I guess I cross 2 methods together

My guideline is to have sex with a condom or abstain from day 6-20. Once I get the EWCM then I give it 5 more days than sex without condom is ok but I will only allow DH to do the pull out method. So far so good.
Pull out all the time !

I also got pregnant 2X by doing the opposite.

April 17th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Quote:
I guess I cross 2 methods together

My guideline is to have sex with a condom or abstain from day 6-20. Once I get the EWCM then I give it 5 more days than sex without condom is ok but I will only allow DH to do the pull out method. So far so good.
Pull out all the time !

I also got pregnant 2X by doing the opposite.[/b]

That would be considered a form of the Fertility Awareness Method (FAM) - where barriers are used in addition to fertility awareness in some way. Barriers are not compatiable with NFP methods (kind of defeats the purpose of being Natural Family Planning and they also reduce effectiveness because they compromise the accuracy of a woman's mucus observations). If you wanted to ditch the condoms altogether and use NFP, you likely wouldn't have to abstain quite that much (from days 6-20), but proper training would be necessary for it to work. If you're happy with your system of FAM, then that's awesome too and you're set - avoiding days 6-20 and for 5 days after EWCM will likely be very effective if you are quite regular. I'm not, so that would never work for me! Gotta evaluate fertility as it happens and apply the rules accordingly because my cycles have no predictability whatsoever!
April 17th, 2007, 05:21 PM
I dont practice it for religious reasons, I am just trying to be hormone free. I am pretty regular with my cycles. But since coming off the Mirena I am a little screwy. This cycle was better than the last so I must be improving. When I first came off I had a 43 day cycles and this last one was 26. I am normally 28-29 days so hopefully it'll be that way this time. I also get a lot of EWCM and pains in my sides so I know when I ovulate.

April 17th, 2007, 08:57 PM
for hormone free! YIPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
April 18th, 2007, 06:40 AM
Exactly !!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search