Learning BOM

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2007, 04:48 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
I am learning the Billings Method and am not sure I am doing so well. This is the first time I have charted while BF. I am just so confused sometimes....ugh - I need to message my instructor.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

April 4th, 2007, 05:21 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I am learning the Billings Method and am not sure I am doing so well. This is the first time I have charted while BF. I am just so confused sometimes....ugh - I need to message my instructor.[/b]

Sorry it's so confusing - but the good news is you're normal! Charting while breastfeeding is the most challenging time to chart, even more so than during perimenopause! So stick close to your instructor - that's what she's for. She'll walk you through it, and if you can master breastfeeding charting - everything else will be a cake walk! Are you still having follow-ups every 2-3 weeks?
April 4th, 2007, 09:33 PM
I am doing it online cause I couldn't find an instructor in reasonable driving distance.

PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

April 4th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Quote:
I am doing it online cause I couldn't find an instructor in reasonable driving distance.[/b]

But they hook you up with an instructor to communicate online with, right? If you are having trouble getting your questions answered, feel free to PM me. I would be happy to do what I can to help make it less confusing for you. One option is to sign up at www.nfpcharting.com (the first month is free) and it makes chart sharing easier with the BOM system.
April 6th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Yeah - I have an instructor. She says I am charting well. I guess I am so used to the BBT way of charting and this is a bit different.

April 6th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Yeah - I have an instructor. She says I am charting well. I guess I am so used to the BBT way of charting and this is a bit different.[/b]

Yes! The BOM (and several other forms of NFP) are very different than some of the other forms of charting out there, especially those that emphasize visual mucus observations instead of sensation. Visuals are important too, but for avoiding purposes, it's not accurate enough.

Hang in there! It's pretty normal for it to take a few months to get used to it and feel confident!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search