well she showed

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
I got my AF this saturday

now I have no idea how to chart

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

April 16th, 2007, 08:26 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I got my AF this saturday

now I have no idea how to chart [/b]

YAY - that means things will start to get more regular for you!

First of all, since it's not menstration this bleed is not a new cycle - it's still part of the old one. It could be breakthrough bleeding, meaning you are trying to ovulate - so consider it potentially fertile and count 3 after it ends. Your BIP still applies for now. Once you have a Peak followed by true menstration, then it's a new cycle and you will have to re-establish your BIP once more.

Here are some sample charts from my textbook - they are from real women and show you how Billings works in a situation like this.

First is an example of how to chart a breakthrough bleed - this lady went on to have a Peak right after the bleed, you might or you might not. But just so you can see how it gets charted:

Here's one more chart with a non-menstral bleed occuring, and she just goes straight back to her BIP again after it's over. You can see how she counts 3 on days 72,73,74.

Does that help?
April 16th, 2007, 09:35 AM
that does help some, but I have a few more questions

my chart

1) if I am wearing a tampon does that affect my sensation. The 2 days I bled I felt dry, but is that because of the tampon or am I really dry?

2) also, on day 16 I it says wet stringy. I was not slippery, but it was deffinately like egg whites, not sure if that means anything, cause then I bled 12 days after that.

3) on the nfpcharting.com website how do I make it so my bleeding days don't start a new chart?

April 16th, 2007, 09:41 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
that does help some, but I have a few more questions

my chart

1) if I am wearing a tampon does that affect my sensation. The 2 days I bled I felt dry, but is that because of the tampon or am I really dry?

2) also, on day 16 I it says wet stringy. I was not slippery, but it was deffinately like egg whites, not sure if that means anything, cause then I bled 12 days after that.

3) on the nfpcharting.com website how do I make it so my bleeding days don't start a new chart?[/b]

1. Yes, wearing a tampon will affect sensation - it will absorb the moisture before you can feel it. Which is fine, if the bleeding is heavy enough that you need a tampon, don't worry about it - you can observe sensation on the lighter days again.
2. Sorry, CD16 wouldn't qualify as a Peak. It wasn't a developing, changing pattern and had no slippery.
3. I have no idea how to put the bleeding back with the old cycle - just email the website owner and he'll probably do it for you.
April 16th, 2007, 09:49 AM
thanks so much

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search