Temping

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2007, 11:11 AM
Choose joy
Hey everybody

DH and I aren't planning on TTC anytime soon but I've considered charting, etc to know where I'm at when we do. Having a baby throws your body through a loop! I've only had 3 periods since our son was born in August and one of them was 10+ days long!

So anyway all I know about is BBT, but my son still wakes up at least once during the night so there's no way I can get the right amount of sleep, the same amount of sleep, and the righ timing to get an accurate read in the morning. Am I right? Is there a different way to do it?

TIA to all you knowledgeable ladies
April 19th, 2007, 12:45 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Hey everybody

DH and I aren't planning on TTC anytime soon but I've considered charting, etc to know where I'm at when we do. Having a baby throws your body through a loop! I've only had 3 periods since our son was born in August and one of them was 10+ days long!

So anyway all I know about is BBT, but my son still wakes up at least once during the night so there's no way I can get the right amount of sleep, the same amount of sleep, and the righ timing to get an accurate read in the morning. Am I right? Is there a different way to do it?

TIA to all you knowledgeable ladies [/b]

You've got a few options. If temping is very important to you, simply try to take it as close to the same time as possible each morning after at least 2 hours of sleep. The pattern will be bouncy, but you should still see the overall shift when it happens despite your waking disturbances.

If temping is a hassle and you'd rather not do it, mucus only methods of charting are just as accurate - but no temps required! You could try the Billings Ovulation Method, the Creighton Model, or the mucus-only guidelines from the Couple to Couple League or the book Taking Charge Of Your Feritility. Each of those charting systems will train you to accurately observe and interpret your mucus pattern so you don't need temps at all.
April 19th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Choose joy
I've read TCOYF a couple of times and know the mucus pattern pretty well (well, I used to, but have kind of gotten away from it). I don't know if my last cycle was just really messed up or what but I swear I had ovulation-type discharge but didn't start my period for a long time and in the meantime it seemed like I had it again. IDK

But, I will look into the other stuff you mentioned. Thanks!
April 19th, 2007, 05:02 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I teach the Billings Ovulation Method, so if you're ever unsure about your mucus pattern and whether it was a false alarm (a mucus build up that didn't actually result in ovulation) or a true Peak - feel free to PM me anytime and I would be happy to evaluate your observations. It's not a substitute for proper training in Billings, but I can likely help reduce some of the confusion so you can be more confident in what your mucus pattern is telling you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search