Just after coming off BCP....

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
the past few days I have been so emotional & mood-swingy, and just fully PMS-ing. I haven't had PMS like this in AGES... like since I was TTC Gaby. Has anyone else found that their mood swings and/or PMS has gotten worse after going off the pill???

I'm not complaining, I like that my body is being MY BODY & not controlled by drugs... but I'm not so sure it's normal?

May 12th, 2007, 07:51 AM
Veteran
Yup. Everything was really messed up after coming off the pill. Of course, I got pg 6 weeks later so it didn't last for long... LOL
May 12th, 2007, 10:42 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
the past few days I have been so emotional & mood-swingy, and just fully PMS-ing. I haven't had PMS like this in AGES... like since I was TTC Gaby. Has anyone else found that their mood swings and/or PMS has gotten worse after going off the pill???

I'm not complaining, I like that my body is being MY BODY & not controlled by drugs... but I'm not so sure it's normal?[/b]

This is a completely normal part of the transition of coming off the pill. Consider it hormonal chaos while your body gets used to not having synthetic hormones on board and trying to get back into the swing of doing it's own hormonal work. It's a big transition! Hang in there, it will settle down with a bit more time!
May 13th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I was the same! I had mood swings, got a bit depressed, head aches, and cramping. All to stop getting pregnant, I think I would rather get pregnant!

Its the problem with hormonal BC.

I love the fact that I have my body back, though Mark stil says I'm moody lol!
Mummy to 2 boys expecting #3.

May 13th, 2007, 02:24 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Quote:
though Mark stil says I'm moody lol![/b]
LOL yea, I've had this comment too but I know it's the truth hehe

May 14th, 2007, 09:23 PM
irishxrose
I just got off birth control, and I've noticed that I am more myself... the BCP made me soooooooo hormonal, I was getting into fights with DF nearly every day. Now we're doing much better. I have had a few days where I'm a little wacky, but I think that's mostly my Bi-Polar. I am SOOO glad to be off it though and finally in charge of my own fertility!
May 16th, 2007, 08:57 PM
UndaCovaSis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When I was on NUVA ring I had that...then being lazy I got the DEPO SHOT once and I'm still on it till June 4th when I am due to get the next. It totally wacks me out. I'd rather chart and know my body any day to these whacked up hormonal changes from synthetic hormones.

So Crunchy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search