Picked up a new book...

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2007, 09:41 PM
irishxrose
I just bought Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. I'm really enjoying it! My question is, is it a reliable source? I plan on finding an instructer in my area very soon. Also, after just having my miscarriage and getting off hormonal BC, when should I start charting? How will I know when my fertility returns?

Also, I had some very creamy, almost milky cervical fluid earlier today. There was pratically a puddle of it in my underwear. It was sticky too, if that helps. Any ideas on what this could mean? I stopped bleeding from the miscarriage last week. I am just very confused, and I really just need some help. Thanks in advance!
May 14th, 2007, 10:31 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I just bought Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. I'm really enjoying it! My question is, is it a reliable source? I plan on finding an instructer in my area very soon. Also, after just having my miscarriage and getting off hormonal BC, when should I start charting? How will I know when my fertility returns?

Also, I had some very creamy, almost milky cervical fluid earlier today. There was pratically a puddle of it in my underwear. It was sticky too, if that helps. Any ideas on what this could mean? I stopped bleeding from the miscarriage last week. I am just very confused, and I really just need some help. Thanks in advance![/b]
Yes, Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a great resource for learning the basics. It doesn't substitute for actual instruction simply because a book won't notice if you are misunderstanding something important the way meeting with someone in real life will.

For now, any discharge you observe must be considered potentially fertile (including what you observed today). You can begin charting immediately - you do not to be at the begining of a cycle to chart! The simplest way to avoid pregnancy until you can track down an instructor is to abstain from gential contact when you observe any discharge/mucus and until you have 4 full dry days (no mucus or discharge felt or seen). Alternating evenings are available for intercourse as long as you remain dry. This works no matter where you are in your cycle or where you are in the return of fertility.

The fluid you noticed could be related to your fertility, or it could just be your normal vaginal discharge. You need to chart for 2-4 weeks to determine which it is, because each woman has her own unique mucus patterns.

Hope that helps!
May 15th, 2007, 12:56 AM
irishxrose
Thank you so much Shawna! That really helped!
May 16th, 2007, 08:54 PM
UndaCovaSis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also just got the book although I've known about NFP & FAM for awhile. I think this is one of the most recommended books.

Now, I just need to find a class or something. I kindda thought the book would be good enough....

So Crunchy
May 25th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I was under the understanding that you wouldn't be fertile for the first cycle (at least) after a m/c, but somehow I felt that was wrong and began charting immediately after my m/c (back in 2005). What do you know, the first cycle after my m/c I ovulated, and that cycle I actually experienced the most fertile mucous I've ever had!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search