questions

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2007, 05:25 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
My youngest is 20 months (tomorrow), no AF yet.

I am bloated, crampy, and have EWCM, so do you think this is my first ovulation since having him?

How long will it last, been crampy 4-5 days now, and EWCm for 2-3...

AF would be expected in 1-2 weeks??

I am a little lost in this area, I know some, but have never used it for anything other than knowledge. Our plan is no more kids, so I gotta get on this and get it right...

I am a wee bit worried that I wasn't paying enough attention and am too late already.

July 7th, 2007, 09:40 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
My youngest is 20 months (tomorrow), no AF yet.

I am bloated, crampy, and have EWCM, so do you think this is my first ovulation since having him?

How long will it last, been crampy 4-5 days now, and EWCm for 2-3...

AF would be expected in 1-2 weeks??

I am a little lost in this area, I know some, but have never used it for anything other than knowledge. Our plan is no more kids, so I gotta get on this and get it right...

I am a wee bit worried that I wasn't paying enough attention and am too late already. [/b]

It's really tough to say. Your body can gear up to ovulate several times (meaning patches of EWCM) before it finally gets around to doing it after having a baby. You can only tell the difference between an ovulation "warm up" and the real thing after it happens, either by very specific evaluation of your daily mucus pattern or with the use of basal body temperatures, or both. If you have serious need to avoid pregnancy, I would highly reccomend proper training in a modern method of NFP. A basic understandning of fertility will help you get started, but it's not quite enough information for avoiding pregnancy effectively. The Resource and FAQ Stickies explain a bit about the different forms of NFP and how they work, there is even an NFP Method Comparison at the bottom of the Resource page that highlights all of them.

For now, anytime you feel or see ANY discharge or mucus, not just the EWCM - abstain while it is present and until you have 3 full dry days (no discharge or mucus). Then alternating dry evenings are available for intercourse. This works no matter where you are in your return to fertility. However - if you are still nursing, it's common not to have dry days at all, but to have constant vaginal discharge that appears very much like cervical mucus, but it's not. It's from the vaginal walls and not the cervix, and is therefore infertile. Since every woman is different, it's very important to work with an instructor to determine the difference between your own infertile vaginal discharge and fertile cervical mucus. Does that help answer your question?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search