Into to this forum

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 10th, 2007, 11:50 AM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
Hey all. I have posted here a few times but not many. I figured I would introduce myself since I will more than likely be posting here more often. I am Robin (29) married to Paul(31) mommy to Karen(4) and Amanda(2). I never used any birth control until after my second child was born. My first Birth control that I used was the Depo shot. Which I ended up pregnant and m/c while on Depo, so I stoped using it. Then I started on the pill. After my 2rd m/c on the pill I started to to research Natural Family Planning. My DH was very unsportive about it because he was afriad of an unplanned pregnany and at that time there was no way we would be able to financially provide for another child. After the 3rd m/c while on the pill and the doctors recommendation to get off the the pill I brought up the idea of NFP to my DH again. While we still can not financially aford another child we are only months away from being at the point of being able to provide for another child if it were to happen. So DH was more willing to try. So here we are. I am still new to all of this and look foward to learning more. I look foward to getting to know you all. I am on my first month of temping. So far it seems as though I am not ovulating. Is it possible to not ovulate after coming off of BC? Thanks all!

July 10th, 2007, 12:59 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, it's possible to annovulatory while transitioning off a synthetic hormone. Unfortunately, the effects of Depo can last up to 18 months - so even though you've since used the Pill, that Depo factor still exists in addition to coming off the Pill. The fact that you have conceived while on both Depo and the pill would suggest that you were able to ovulate despite the drugs attempt to suppress that function, so don't make any assumptions about how long it will take to ovulate again. Just be sure to get thorough understanding of the pre-ovulatory rules for avoiding pregnancy of whichever NFP method you are using (also known as the Early Day, Phase 1, or pre-Peak rules).

Welcome back!

P.S. Just wanted to add that if your DH is still uncertain about it all, I would highly reccomend taking a class together. Then he can learn all about the science of how it works and it won't be so scary. When he is able to interpret your charts with you and apply the rules to your daily observations, he'll see just how much control he has over whether conception happens or not. Lots of guys are apprehensive because they don't understand how it works and assume it's kind of like Russian roullette because there are no drugs or devices involved, but a little knowledge of the biology of it can go a long way in building confidence!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search