EWCM LATE

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Veteran
I'm sort of confused right now:
On day 11 and 12 I had EWCM and by 13 I was dry. (I don't temp, just go by CM)
and today and yesterday- 17 and 18 I have EWCM again... I've never O'd this late in my cycle.
For the past week though I've been having troubles-
headache, bloating, stomach upset and gassy, pulling feelings, and CRAMPY - I've been bloated EVERY DAY and sometimes OTC methods don't work.
me and DF had sex... umm I think day 11 or 12, so I could be a couple of days pg, but not likely since he pulls out (but no other protection- just NFP, Billings method). Could I be feeling pg symptoms this early? Sorry if I posted on the wrong board... but how can you get EWCM when you know that you O between day 12 and 15?
I was thinking I would take a temp tomorrow morning to be sure it's high like it used to be when I did temp, do you think this is a good plan?
July 25th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
Well you could be preggo. I got pregnant 2 times off the pull out method, although we wanted to be pregnant so it was ok.

I am also using the billings method, but I am new to it and still learning about it. Well since you had EWCM on the same day you had sex it seems like you would have a good chance of being pregnant. As for the temping plan I have no idea because I have never checked my temp before.

When is AF due???

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

July 26th, 2007, 05:20 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Well you could be preggo. I got pregnant 2 times off the pull out method, although we wanted to be pregnant so it was ok.

I am also using the billings method, but I am new to it and still learning about it. Well since you had EWCM on the same day you had sex it seems like you would have a good chance of being pregnant. As for the temping plan I have no idea because I have never checked my temp before.

When is AF due???[/b]
August 6th or so.
So, today I would be 7 dpo if I o'd around day 12. I could have o'd on day 18 though. Today I still feel crampy
I'm not usually crampy until right before AF, although this could be O cramping. I called FMIL last night and she said I was probably REALLY stressed out- wedding in 22 days and all- and it could have thrown off my cycle. I also have a nervous stomach. I worked out some of the bloating last night and felt better But this morning I'm blown up like a balloon again and I'm HUNGRY!!
Thanks for the reply, I guess I'll just have to wait!
July 26th, 2007, 09:50 AM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
keep us updated and congrats on getting married soon

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

July 26th, 2007, 08:14 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First of all, I just need to mention that withdrawal is not compatiable with the Billings Ovulation Method. Intercourse on days of CM with or without withdrawal is considered a deviation from the rules of the Billings Ovulation Method, and the 99.64% success rate is only guaranteed if the rules are followed. Using charting plus withdrawal actually isn't NFP, it's the Fertiltiy Awareness Method (the effectiveness rates are significantly different between NFP and FAM).

But now that we've cleared that up, since you are using Billings to chart (but using withdrawal to avoid pregnancy) - can you go back and determine if the first mucus episode was a true Peak according to the Billings criteria? It probably wasn't a Peak, so you can evaluate this new mucus to see if it's the real thing. What may have happened the first time you had mucus was that your body tried to ovulate and didn't go through with it, then it tried again which is why you had mucus again. If you have any trouble, you can always go back to your instructor and she can help you recognize the difference between mucus that qualifies as a Peak and mucus that doesn't. No, you would not be feeling pregnancy symptoms so soon.

In my experience, pre-wedding charts are INSANE! It's a normal reaction to stress! Just stick to the charting guidelines for evaluating your sensation and get in touch with your teacher if you have any trouble! She'll walk you through you how to chart through the abnormal stuff, especially telling the difference between a false Peak and true Peak!

July 27th, 2007, 05:55 AM
Veteran
Quote:
First of all, I just need to mention that withdrawal is not compatiable with the Billings Ovulation Method. Intercourse on days of CM with or without withdrawal is considered a deviation from the rules of the Billings Ovulation Method, and the 99.64% success rate is only guaranteed if the rules are followed. Using charting plus withdrawal actually isn't NFP, it's the Fertiltiy Awareness Method (the effectiveness rates are significantly different between NFP and FAM).

But now that we've cleared that up, since you are using Billings to chart (but using withdrawal to avoid pregnancy) - can you go back and determine if the first mucus episode was a true Peak according to the Billings criteria? It probably wasn't a Peak, so you can evaluate this new mucus to see if it's the real thing. What may have happened the first time you had mucus was that your body tried to ovulate and didn't go through with it, then it tried again which is why you had mucus again. If you have any trouble, you can always go back to your instructor and she can help you recognize the difference between mucus that qualifies as a Peak and mucus that doesn't. No, you would not be feeling pregnancy symptoms so soon.

In my experience, pre-wedding charts are INSANE! It's a normal reaction to stress! Just stick to the charting guidelines for evaluating your sensation and get in touch with your teacher if you have any trouble! She'll walk you through you how to chart through the abnormal stuff, especially telling the difference between a false Peak and true Peak![/b]
Shawna,
Thank you for your post! I said I was using the Billings method because it's as close to a method that I use. I just try to track my CM on what's on tissue (sorry TMI), but I have to confess that I don't have an instructor and I'm not as knowledgeable as you are. I get the feeling that my partner and I are trying to prevent, but going half-way with it- you know? It's complicated. I don't think we would be unhappy if we ended up pg, but it has been over a year since I went off BCP and no pregnancy using this "method". But if we have sex on the fertile days- and like this month- it was both! then ... hmm ... don't think it's really billings because we are very naughty!
Maybe I should read some more on Billings method. I am comfortable with knowing what isn't and what is fertile CM with my body- and this was a little strange. I usually have fertile CM around day 11 every month, but not for two days-this is why I thought I O'd on 12, then to get the fertile CM (what you call a peak) so late-CD18- was a little wacko.
July 27th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Yes, do read up some more - it's really neat! The Billings Ovulation Method (BOM) is a very specific method, it has specific guidelines for making mucus observations (sensation only, no toilet paper), interpreting charts (determining Peak), and applying the 4 simple rules to avoid pregnancy. I guess it's like comparing NFP methods to sports. Some sports use nets, some use a ball, some use pucks, some use gloves, some use bats or sticks. The BOM is a mucus-only method, so you could say it's like soccer because it only uses a ball. What if someone said, "I play a game with a ball, so it must be soccer." Well, basketball uses a ball. So does baseball. So does football. And those games are nothing like soccer! The objectives and rules for soccer are very different from the objectives and rules of basketball or baseball.

It sounds like what you are doing is your own made-up version of NFP, and if it's working - awesome! There's nothing wrong with that. It also sounds like you have a good knowledge of your body, and that's the most important foundation to have! However, as a representative with the BOM (I'm an instructor), I just have to ask you not to call it Billings. This is for the benefit of lurkers and readers, who may already have misconceptions about NFP, the different methods, and how they all work. There is already plenty of misinformation about the BOM out there, so calling your method Billings is another mis-representation that makes our job tougher as we try to spread the facts about NFP and dispel the myths. It's as if I saw you throwing a ball around with your hands, and you're telling everyone it's soccer and then THEY get the wrong idea about how to play soccer too. It could be a really wicked fun game and there's nothing wrong with playing it, calling it soccer is the only problem because it's not soccer. I hope that makes sense and I haven't insulted you. What would you do if you were a soccer coach and saw that? LOL

Here is some more information about the Billings Ovulation Method and how it works:
http://www.woomb.org/learningBOM/B20...nstruction.pdf
July 28th, 2007, 07:34 AM
Veteran
Ok Shawna, I respect that! There is so much misinformation out there. No problem, I'll just call my method "tracking CM on a tissue" It works for me! I'm just so happy that I don't have to take BCP, yucky stuff!
I also want you to know that I post on this board because you're here and you answer my questions so quickly and honestly! Thank you Thank you Thank you!
July 28th, 2007, 08:18 AM
PERFECT!!! Thanks so much!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search