***Who We Are***

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2007, 04:21 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Let us get to know you a little! This will soon become a sticky and I'll be sure to keep it updated!

Name:
Method of choice:
Why NFP or FAM?
TTC or TTA?
Care to share your chart?

Shawna (ShawnaCAN), Billings Ovulation Method to TTA, BOM Instructor
NFP because of everything - no health risks, no side effects, morally acceptable, is a team effort as opposed to being all on one person.
Chart irrelevant right now, still experiencing LAM

Rosalie (AnnaBananasMom), Billings Ovulation Method to TTA
After years on hormonal contraceptives, I was tired of dealing with all of the side effects. I briefly tried spermicide/condoms, but found out I'm extremely allergic. Not fun! It really just seems like all of these things are not the way it's supposed to be. It makes more sense to listen to my body, rather than fight it so much.
No chart to share at present.

Christina (SavaAngel), Billings Ovulation Method to TTC
I am allergic to spermicides, hated what oral contraceptives did to me, hate condoms. Everything is much better now, and we treasure our time together when we can make love.
No chart to share right now.

Kelly (superducky), FAM *currently pregnant*
Wanted to know more about my body in determining when I'm fertile and when I'm not. I also want to stay away from synthetic BC.
http://www.ovusoft.com/forum/chart.asp?id=superducky

Rachel (geo-geek), FAM (Sympto Thermal) to TTA
Horomonal didn't work for me and I love knowing about my natural cycles. I am starting to "go back to basics"
18db77 Ovulation Charts

Stacey (SHampton), FAM to TTC
It's natural, doesn't work against the body's normal functions and it helps to identify possible problems.
shampton Ovulation Charts

Sarah (sarahmarina), FAM to TTA
I want to make sure everything is in working order before I TTC, also I would like to be more in tune with my body. After realizing I had been on BCP for 10 years I became really curious as to what it is like to be a fertile woman (Fertile Myrtle heehee), and what my body will be like without the BCP.
Paper charting, no link!

Amy (Amy B.), still deciding which method to use for TTA
health reasons, religious reasons, weight
1e075a Ovulation Charts

Danielle (hopes up), FAM to TTC right now, planning to do NFP when i start meeting with the counselor
BC pills are making me miserable, morals and health issues
No chart yet

Shauna (Oriel), FAM to TTC
Bad experience with Mirena IUD, and then going back on BCP just didn't feel right when I tried. Plus I want to know what my body is doing, esp. when TTC!
oriel Ovulation Charts

Kati (KatiInCT), currently pregnant
Went off birth control and planning on TTC in September so using this time to figure out my cycles
1fb97d Ovulation Charts

Jenny (Jenny.), Billings Ovulation Method to TTA

To know more about my body, no health risks, no side effects, is a team effort

Jessica (Momjessi), NFP to TTC
Health reasons
Paper charting, no link

Lisa (LisanAndy), FAM
I'm not for hormonal BC and I hate condoms. I also like knowing about my body and what's going on in my cycle
bb1f5 Ovulation Charts

Jessica (RajinCajun), currently pregnant
Religious reasons but also health reasons - I don't have to worry about the side effects of birth control.
1afff3 Ovulation Charts

Heather (HeatherWTX), unsure of method, TTA until next year
I'm 33. My sis went thru menapause at 36. I would rather not toy with my fertility chemically since we plan to TTC next year.
Paper charting.

Cleo (Cleo), FAM with w/d to TTA until Aug 09
Cleo Ovulation Charts

Niamh (Niamh), FAM to TTC
I wanted to understand my cycles more and when I was most fertile.
niamhdhabolt Ovulation Charts

Courtney (CAS416), FAM to TTA

I don't like bc pills. They did crazy things to my moods and killed my sex drive.

Sam (Samiel), haven't chosen method yet, still learning

I never want to go back on artificial hormones again! I was on the pill 4 years and it didn't treat my body well. I make such an effort to be healthy and natural when it comes to so many other things, why not family planning?

Julia (Julka), CCL to TTA
NFP for religious reasons (I'm Catholic) and personal reasons.

Christen (LJD3Tdance, STM
I just don't believe in B.C...yes, I'm Catholic, the blinkie says so, but I came to that realization before I even knew the church was with me.

Danielle, FAM to TTA

birth control make me a raging hormone machine
ddmhellus's WebCharts

Tasha (Kiwi), FAM to TTA
Why NFP or FAM? After 10 years on the BCP, I wanted to know if my body 'worked' correctly! I was having a few health problems, that after a lot of researching, I realised could have been due to the pill. Also I want any effects of the pill to be out of my body for when we start TTC in Sept 09.

Michele (PatienceMichele), FAM to TTA
I want to figure out what is normal for my cycles and have plenty of time for them to return to normal after coming off BCP before we TTC (whenever that will be). I want to be able to make TTC easier and also make sure I don't have any fertility issues that might need to be addressed.

Seanaci (Seanaci), TTA
Interested in learning more. Hormonal pills are a pain to remember to take every day, not to mention it did nothing to help with weight loss.

Last edited by ShawnaCAN; June 1st, 2009 at 09:20 AM.
August 3rd, 2007, 05:45 PM
AnnaBananasMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Rosalie
Method of choice: Billings
Why NFP or FAM? After years on hormonal contraceptives, I was tired of dealing with all of the side effects. I briefly tried spermicide/condoms, but found out I'm extremely allergic. Not fun! It really just seems like all of these things are not the way it's supposed to be. It makes more sense to listen to my body, rather than fight it so much.
TTC or TTA? TTA
Care to share your chart? Not sure how to do that. This is my first month of charting.

Video Montage of Anna's First Year
August 3rd, 2007, 09:55 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Name: Christina
Why NFP or FAM? NFP - I am allergic to spermicides, hated what oral contraceptives did to me, hate condoms. Everything is much better now, and we treasure our time together when we can make love.
TTC or TTA? TTC #2
Care to share your chart? Not right now.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

August 5th, 2007, 01:10 PM
mere2hayden's Avatar Regular
Name: Brandy
Why NFP or FAM? I don't like the idea of unnatural birth control. I hate what it does to my body and my moods. I would rather trust myself.
TTC or TTA? TTC
Care to share your chart? I don't chart
Hayden Daniel 05.26.04
TTC Colin Rhys or Caitlin Brigh

</div>
August 5th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Regular

Name: Danielle
Method of choice: Billings Ovulation Method
Why NFP or FAM? Morally acceptable to me, I don't want to trust my fertility to devices, pills or other contraceptive methods, develops cooperation and understanding between me and my husband
TTC or TTA? Done TTC'ing. Due January 22, 2008
Care to share your chart? I will when I'm charting again

August 26th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
Name: Emma
Method of choice: Natural Family Planning (similar to Couple to Couple League)
Why NFP or FAM? I don't like what hormonal b/c does to me, I like the fact I don't have to remember to take a pill etc. I like that it puts control in MY hands (well, OUR hands)... I also like that I don't have to worry about waiting for cycles to return to normal, once we're ready to TTC
TTC or TTA? TTA
Care to share your chart? I don't have a specific NFP chart, but I do use FF to keep track of things online, incase I happen to lose my copy beside my bed! http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/emmaj

September 21st, 2007, 11:49 AM
Regular

Name: Kat Eaton
Method of choice: NFP taught by Couple to Couple League
Why NFP or FAM? 1) because it doesn't have the side effects of the pill - which I took for 3 months and it took me 3 years to get straightened out 2) my husband is one of those holistic type of epople who hates artificial stuff 3) it works with my religion
TTC or TTA? TTA
Care to share your chart? Maybe after I start recharting after BF amenhorrea ends

September 21st, 2007, 04:46 PM
*1Boy1Girl*
Name: Kelly
Method of choice: I'm still trying to figure out the difference right now. (how embarrassing )
Why NFP or FAM? I'm tired of having to figure out when my fertile period is and I want to be chemical free for good. And I'll be using this method to TTC #2
TTC or TTA? Will be TTC in a few months
Care to share your chart? I will when I actually begin to chart. I'm on the chapter that teaches me to do it now. I'll probably wait until my next period to start officially.
October 30th, 2007, 01:37 PM
geo-geek
Name: Rachel
Method of choice: FAM sympto thermal
Why NFP or FAM? Horomonal didn't work for me and I love knowing about my natural cycles. I am starting to "go back to basics"
TTC or TTA? TTA until end of 2010
Care to share your chart? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/18db77
November 3rd, 2007, 09:56 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Name: Jennifer (teacher for CCL)
Method of choice: sympto-thermal
Why NFP or FAM? religious as well as health reasons
TTC or TTA? neither
Care to share your chart? I'm not cycling right now thanks to breastfeeding!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 3 and John Anthony, born May 24

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

Remember your resolution to lose weight or start working out? Click the blinkie to join us!

November 5th, 2007, 10:29 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Name: Stacey
Method of choice: FAM
Why NFP or FAM? It's natural, doesn't work against the body's normal functions and it helps to identify possible problems.
TTC or TTA? TTC
Care to share your chart? www.fertilityfriend.com/home/shampton

Stacey, wife to Allan & Mom to:
Anastasia (13)- C/S 8lbs 7oz, 20.5"
Noah (11)- C/S 8lbs 12oz, 19"
Oliver (5)- VBA2C 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"

Baby Grayson born sleeping at 39w pg due to thrombophelia;
Protein S and Protein C deficient, Factor V Leiden , & MTHFR
(10/16/13)- 2VBA2C 9lbs 12oz, 22"

My Chart
November 5th, 2007, 10:47 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Never mind, I'm a dork!
November 6th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Name: Sarah
Method of choice: FAM - which may end up being more like NFP the first few months as i'm a little worried about DTD even with protection when i'm a fertile myrtle!
Why NFP or FAM? I want to make sure everything is in working order before I TTC, also I would like to be more in tune with my body. After realizing I had been on BCP for 10 years I became really curious as to what it is like to be a fertile woman (Fertile Myrtle heehee), and what my body will be like without the BCP.
TTC or TTA? TTA
Care to share your chart? i'm on CD4 of my first chart so it's not that interesting! plus i'm doing it on a peice of paper beside my bed soooo.....no link!
November 23rd, 2007, 08:00 PM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Amy
Method of choice: still working on that...but probably temping after I get it figured out
Why NFP or FAM? health reasons, religious reasons, weight
TTC or TTA? TTA
Care to share your chart? n/a yet

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

February 8th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Nenis's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name: Danielle
Method of choice: FAM right now/planning to do NFP when i start meeting with the counselour
Why NFP or FAM? BC pills are making me miserable, morals and health issues
TTC or TTA? TTA
Care to share your chart? dont have one yet

February 13th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Regular
Name: Gayle
Method of choice: Not quite sure yet (going off the pill)
Why NFP or FAM? I have not had a normal cycle since July 2004. I went off the pill to ttc, got pregnant that month, went back on at five weeks post partum. I have had mood swings, anxiety, etc. for so long that I can't remember what it's like to feel normal. I started getting headaches and the doctor wants me to try going off the pill. I'm sick of all the side effects and can't wait for it to be out of my system!
Care to share your chart? I don't have one yet, I'm just learning about all of this!

February 22nd, 2008, 10:10 AM
booboobunny's Avatar mzdee
Name: Dana
Method of choice: NFP/FAM
Why NFP or FAM? Its natural - don't have to worry about hormones messing with my body !
TTC or TTA? TTA for now !
Care to share your chart? it's in my siggy

Me - Daynuh

March 17th, 2008, 09:44 PM
oriel13's Avatar Tishauna
Name: Shauna
Method of choice: FAM
Why NFP or FAM? Bad experience with Mirena IUD, and then going back on BCP just didn't feel right when I tried. Plus I want to know what my body is doing, esp. when TTC!
TTC or TTA? Hubby has a "if it happens, it happens" attitude, while I am in a TTC mindset.
Care to share your chart? sure, it is my first chart and driving me crazy so far! http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/oriel

March 24th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Veteran
Wendy
sympto-thermal NFP for two years, switched over to FAM recently
I didn't want to go on hormonal birth control; I love knowing so much about my cycle; I wanted something that would be easy to switch to TTC when the time came; and many more reasons
TTA for the past 2.5 years, until January '09, when we start TTC
April 18th, 2008, 10:19 AM
KatiInCT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Name: Kati
Method of choice: NFP/FAM
Why NFP or FAM? Went off birth control and planning on TTC in September so using this time to figure out my cycles
TTC or TTA? TTA
Care to share your chart? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1fb97d but I am only on my first month so it looks like a mess right now.

Osric O'Dell M...... December 10, 2009: 7lbs 14.2 oz, 21 inches
(NEW SIGGY SOON!
)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search