questions

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2007, 08:29 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
So, 1st Af post baby was July 13 for 4-5 days.

About 7-8 days later I had a lot of cm, my panties were often wet to the point where I would think I was bleeding, go to washroom and find them just wet. Then the ewcm came and crampy pain 10-11 days after and lasted for 3 days or so. Then a lot of wet panty stuff still, then AF on August 13. Here it is, August 25 and I have been crampy for 3 days now, had the wet thing since the 20th, and I don't know where I am at...

Any ideas?

August 25th, 2007, 08:51 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The return to fertility post partum can be a little goofy, so hang in there! The first few cycles can be screwy! Often your body has to really work to ovulate during those first few cycles, so it's very common to notice prolonged or multiple mucus build-ups (wetness and everything else). Compare yourself to an old car engine trying to turn over...every time your body revs up to ovulate, you'll get that wetness. It may or may not go through with it though, so you'll rev up again if not. Does that make sense? The good news is that your fertility is back in business. The bad news is that you have to consider this wetness potentially fertile because you never know when the engine will turn over.

Which NFP or FA method are you using, do you have a teacher nearby for a little post partum refresher? Each method deals with the post partum time a little differently, so it's hard to answer much more than that. I don't want to make this more confusing, since Billings (the method I teach) might have different protocols than the method you are using.

Hope that helps some!
August 26th, 2007, 06:00 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
Yeah, your body can try to O but not make it right away. I'd guess you are in the trying to O stage. It's totally normal to be completely wacky the first few cycles PP.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search