A couple questions for you guys?

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2007, 09:08 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
How long does your cervix stay in the high position after you ovulate. My cervix has been really high for the last three days. I finally was able to reach it today but I really had to search for it. It was still really high. It is also in a posterior position and I don't remember it being like that last month or the month before. Does that mean anything or am I over analyzing?

And one more question do you think I could have ovulated? My temperature is still below my coverline but I definitely had two days worth of positive opks. They were blaring positives where the test line was way darker than the control. Is it normal to have your temps shift gradually. Sorry for all the questions, I just know you girls have been doing this a while and know what you are doing.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
October 10th, 2007, 12:25 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Your cervix can take a few days to lower after ovulation, it's the least reliable of all the fertility signs because it can fluctuate a lot for no reason at all. Try not to over-analyze that sign, focus on your cervical mucus. It's more accurate for identifying your fertility Peak.

Looking at your chart, ovulation can't be confirmed because your temps aren't showing it and there is no record of cervical mucus over the last few days. A positive OPK is not a guarantee that you WILL ovulate, it just tells you that your body is trying. It may or may not go through with it (though mucus and/or temperatures will let you know if you did or not).

I know that's not much help, you can still only wait and see what happens over the next few days.
October 10th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Your cervix can take a few days to lower after ovulation, it's the least reliable of all the fertility signs because it can fluctuate a lot for no reason at all. Try not to over-analyze that sign, focus on your cervical mucus. It's more accurate for identifying your fertility Peak.

Looking at your chart, ovulation can't be confirmed because your temps aren't showing it and there is no record of cervical mucus over the last few days. A positive OPK is not a guarantee that you WILL ovulate, it just tells you that your body is trying. It may or may not go through with it (though mucus and/or temperatures will let you know if you did or not).

I know that's not much help, you can still only wait and see what happens over the next few days.[/b]
Thanks Shawna. I am so not sure of my cm. I haven't marked it on my chart because the only day I really noticed cm was on day 10 and I definitely had very stretchy egg white cm that night. We have been bding a lot so I am just having a hard time telling if I am having cm or "leftovers". I am not really noticing anything major when I wipe but I don't *feel* dry really either. So I don't know. I will just try to be patient. I wish I would have a really clear shift so I knew I was ovulating. I feel like my body is just trying to o and not but we shall see. Maybe tomorrow things will be more clear.

October 10th, 2007, 01:09 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Even if you think seminal fluid (SF) might be compromising your CM observations, just record whatever you feel or see anyway. You can do a quick test to determine if what you are observing is SF or mucus, look at the toilet paper after you wipe. If the discharge absorbs quickly(within a few seconds) into the tissue, it's SF. If it sits on top of the tissue and doesn't absorb into it, it's CM. Jot down what you observed and how you felt during the day - if you noticed feeling sticky, or wet, or slippery, or dry of course.

October 10th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Even if you think seminal fluid (SF) might be compromising your CM observations, just record whatever you feel or see anyway. You can do a quick test to determine if what you are observing is SF or mucus, look at the toilet paper after you wipe. If the discharge absorbs quickly(within a few seconds) into the tissue, it's SF. If it sits on top of the tissue and doesn't absorb into it, it's CM. Jot down what you observed and how you felt during the day - if you noticed feeling sticky, or wet, or slippery, or dry of course.[/b]
Okay thanks. I am not going to backtrack because I really can't remember and would rather just leave it blank this time. Next month I will mark it down no matter what I see. I am getting better with charting each month and learning more as I go. I have read a lot about it but haven't actually charted that long. I have just been stalking other people's charts. You really start to see things more when you are looking at your own body though. Thanks so much for all your help.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search