Getting Prepared

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2007, 12:23 PM
*1Boy1Girl*
Ok, so I decided I was going to start charting even though I haven't started my period yet. I'm pretty excited about this actually.

Right now, I'm doing my CF, VS, and CP. I haven't started my temp yet. I'll do that the first day I start my period. But getting in the practice now is helping me.

I've never felt my cervix before until today, and I'm not sure how to really chart it. Honestly, I have nothing to compare it to, but how do you chart midway or high. I guess you'll know the difference when the time comes. Also, how low is low? When you reach in and immediately feel?

More practice will help me figure it out, but though you could give me some insights as to what to look for.
October 10th, 2007, 12:45 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Not sure what CF and VS stands for? I found that when I first started charing I had a hard time telling what position my cervix was in. What I had originally been marking as high was actually more like midway. I would just record it the best you can. Just put down where you think it is and then as you do it more you will start to be able to tell a difference. For me, when my cervix is high I can't even reach it, midway I have to reach but can still find it, and low is pretty easy to find.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
October 10th, 2007, 12:54 PM
*1Boy1Girl*
CF=cervical fluid
VS=Vaginal sensation

Thanks for the info.
October 10th, 2007, 01:10 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I personally don't encourage or use the cervix sign as internal observations can interfere with accurate mucus observations (especially VS) and make charting unnecessarily confusing for new users. However, if you feel more confident using it, then just keep in mind that what is high/low for you is a comparative feeling. You'll notice that it's higher or lower, firmer or softer than it was in days previous. As you continue to check it, comparing it from day to day is how you'll learn to tell the differences.
October 10th, 2007, 01:17 PM
*1Boy1Girl*
What I've been doing to keep it separated and not hinder observations is to check VS/CF in the morning and afternoon if able, then at night when I take my shower, I do a CP. That way, my hands are already clean, I haven't checked my VS/CF since the afternoon or morning.

Time consistancy seems to be the key here, so I figure if I separate that all out but be consistant, it should be fine.
October 10th, 2007, 01:20 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YUP, that sounds like the perfect way to do it so as not to compromise the VS/CF obs throughout your day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search