Should I or not?

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2007, 04:17 AM
ANGWife
I need opinions please.

So I'm in the process of starting my own day care center. The next few months are going to be insane crazy with trying to get a building up to code. While I would LOVE to get pregnant right now, it isn't practical. I will be the sole worker for the first few months, so I also need to be in the best health I can be. I was going to go off the BCP and start charting next week (for the first time). But I'm very nervous about an oops pregnancy. The reason I want to go off the pill is because when my hubby and I are ready to TTC, I want to give my body a chance to get rid of those BCP hormones. If I have an oops in January 2008 and on I feel things will be fine.

Do you think it would be worth the peace of mind to just take the BCP for 2 more months? Or should I be super attentive to my charting so I can get rid of those hormones? What do you all think?

**On a side note, we want to TTC in Dec 2008.
October 24th, 2007, 07:43 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I need opinions please.

So I'm in the process of starting my own day care center. The next few months are going to be insane crazy with trying to get a building up to code. While I would LOVE to get pregnant right now, it isn't practical. I will be the sole worker for the first few months, so I also need to be in the best health I can be. I was going to go off the BCP and start charting next week (for the first time). But I'm very nervous about an oops pregnancy. The reason I want to go off the pill is because when my hubby and I are ready to TTC, I want to give my body a chance to get rid of those BCP hormones. If I have an oops in January 2008 and on I feel things will be fine.

Do you think it would be worth the peace of mind to just take the BCP for 2 more months? Or should I be super attentive to my charting so I can get rid of those hormones? What do you all think?

**On a side note, we want to TTC in Dec 2008.[/b]

Giving your body as much time as possible to recover from the effects of the BCP is ideal. But if you want to use charting to avoid pregnancy, you would need proper training to do that or it probably won't be very reliable. Modern forms of NFP are just as effective as the BCP, so there really is no reason to delay getting the hormones out of your system. But again, proper training is essential in order to enjoy that high effectiveness. It takes women an average of 3-18 months to recover their fertility from the BCP. Some women bounce back right away, but you won't know what your transition off will be like until you do it...so giving yourself as much time as you can is a very good thing!

If you have a moment, take a browse through the FAQ and Resource sticky. They both contain a lot of information about the different charting systems out there and the instruction options (classes, private training, online courses, correspondance courses, etc.).

It definitely would not hurt to learn it now, it may come in handy after you've had your baby if you would rather not have hormones on board while you're breastfeeding.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
October 25th, 2007, 08:00 AM
geo-geek
Also, you may could read taking charge of your fertility to start to see if you would like to do NFP or FAM. With FAM you have the same effectiveness as the method of barrier BC that you use during the fertile time. I agree that proper training is essential. I am on my 3rd cycle and still a little confused, but even with the confusion I haven't gotten pregnant. One was even a 102 (?) day cycle and I knew that it was because of coming off BC and not pregnancy, so charting is really good after coming off of BC.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search