High Temps and Ovulation

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2007, 08:33 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
I've been sick the past 5 days. Three of those days have been high temperatures during the day (100-101 degrees).

For those that have been doing this a long time, have you seen trends where when you are sick, your ovulations just seem to be out of whack?

I'm on CD11 right now.

Granted, I realize everyone is different, but I figure it would somewhat be the same with everyone.

Any thoughts?
October 25th, 2007, 11:52 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Illness can definitely delay ovulation, but it can also mess with your temps (showing an ovulatory pattern, when it was really just the fever). Make sure to mark those ones as "disturbed" and you'll have to rely heavily on what your CM is telling you during the time that you're sick. Also make sure to make a note if you took any anti-histamines while sick, they can dry up your CM!
October 25th, 2007, 12:34 PM
*1Boy1Girl*
Wouldn't you know that as soon as I asked that question, I decided to go upstairs and read more of my TCOF book, and it was in the chapter I started? LOL.

Thanks Shawna for the answer though. I just now marked my sick days as disturbance. How does this effect my calculations, if at all.
October 25th, 2007, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Wouldn't you know that as soon as I asked that question, I decided to go upstairs and read more of my TCOF book, and it was in the chapter I started? LOL.

Thanks Shawna for the answer though. I just now marked my sick days as disturbance. How does this effect my calculations, if at all.[/b]

LOL! Awesome. First of all, what kind of chart are you using? Paper? Ovusoft? Fertility Friend?

The "sick" temps might make your chart look ovulatory - like a thermal shift happened. When you mark temps as disturbed, it means you don't take them too seriously if a thermal shift emerges - ONLY IF the CM pattern is also ovulatory.
October 25th, 2007, 01:49 PM
*1Boy1Girl*
I didn't know about fertility friend until after I purchased the TCOF software, so it's under ovusoft. Had I known, I wouldn't have spent the money

It still seems so confusing. Just as I think I have it, I'm thrown for a loop again.

I think what you said makes sense. Thankfully, my temp went down this morning to my normal levels.

Here's my chart if you want to see what's going on: http://forums.ovusoft.com/chart.asp?id=superducky

I haven't totally completed today's though (CF or CP)
October 25th, 2007, 01:58 PM
Quote:
I didn't know about fertility friend until after I purchased the TCOF software, so it's under ovusoft. Had I known, I wouldn't have spent the money [/b]
NO! That's good! Fertility Friend has really wonky interpretations and it's not designed for TTA. Ovusoft is designed for that, and it's interpretations are way more accurate. FF is always telling people they've ovulated when they haven't, and then what do you think happens? People trust it and think they're infertile, and BD accordingly....and then FF changes their O date to a later time. Not great when you're TTC, but way not cool when you're TTA. (Which is why it's always best to learn to interpret your chart on your own, and regard the various charting programs as helpful tools...but not rely on them alone.)

Your chart looks good. Those little x's just mean that Ovusoft won't be tricked by those temps into thinking you had a thermal shift, that's all.

October 25th, 2007, 02:38 PM
*1Boy1Girl*
Well...yay!!! Here I thought I could have saved some money to do the same thing.
October 25th, 2007, 03:35 PM
geo-geek
All you have to see is my chart to know that FF can be confused sometimes. I really think that I O'd the 23rd and FF says I am 10 DPO. If I didn't know how to start interpreting my own chart, I wouldn't even know to question it's accuracy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search