Shawna!

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
I read one of the posts in here about recovering your body from BC and you said that it could take a woman 3-18 months to fully recover...

I went off the pill in March.. I don't know if I'm ovulating now or not because I don't temp.

Can you have PMS symptoms in the 2 ww if you don't ovulate? I always have sore/swollen breasts, moodiness, etc...

If I don't want to have to do temping, is there any other way to find out if I am ovulating?

October 26th, 2007, 07:26 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes you can have PMS symptoms if you didn't ovulate, but they wouldn't be caused by PMS. How's that for confusing? LOL The symptoms associated with PMS can also be caused by other hormonal fluctuations too - like if your hormones rise because you're trying to ovulate, or if they crash because your body tried and failed to ovulate. So by themselves, symptoms aren't a conclusive way to know what's going on because any big hormonal fluctuation can cause them (PMS is reflects just one of those fluctuations).

If you don't want to temp, you can figure out if you're ovulating by monitoring your cervical mucus. But this requires proper training, because without temps you have to get A LOT more in depth with the CM to evaluate whether the mucus observed over a matter of days was an ovulatory pattern or not. There is an online course you can take or options for coaching from a live instructor (this is what I do IRL, with the Billings Ovulation Method).

You may want to try reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility as a start, and decide later if you want to do the training to learn a mucus only system of charting.

Without charting at all, if you menstruate fairly regularly....then you can probably assume you are ovulating. It's not concrete proof and there are women who bleed regularly without ovulation, but that's more rare. It is a good sign that everything is ok for most women.

The other way you'll know you are ovulating is if you conceive.

October 26th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Miracle's Avatar ♥ Melissa ♥
Thank-you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search