Why do you?

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Momof4Boyz's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Momof4Boyz
This question has probably been asked a dozen times before - but what's ONCE more? lol
Why did you choose to use "natural" family planning vs a hormonal birth control??

Facebook
October 27th, 2007, 01:09 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The TOP two reasons are these: no health risks or side effects, no potential for human life to be interrupted after conception. We're so not comfortable with that function of hormonal methods.

And the rest are:
It's reliable
Doesn't treat my healthy fertility like a disease that we have to medicate
Is a team effort between Dh and I, instead of family planning just being all on one person
Works with my body instead of against it
It's compatible with our beliefs about the sacredness of sexuality and the respectful way we should treat our bodies
Immediately reversible and has helped us conceive
October 27th, 2007, 08:13 PM
geo-geek
I chose this to be honest after much shigrin because horomonal BC had major side effects on me that placed me in the hospital and on steroids. I decided to not go back to horomonal after that experiance. Plus, I use FAM and Having DH help me with it it has brought us closer and I have grown to love being in complete control of my body. I am also excited that when I will be TTC I will be able to see if there are any problems before hand and I will know when the best time to BD is. I will be using this form of BC for the rest of my life.
October 29th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
After being off birth control to TTC my daughter, I realized how much better I felt being off of it. I didn't realize that it was killing my sex drive, because it's all I had known for years. Unfortunately, it's all most people know if they've never discovered NFP and FAM. Then, to just hear about it, it sounds like it's a lot of work, so people just blow if off. Once I started charting, I realized it was actually really easy. I declined birth control when my daughter was born because I knew my husband was leaving soon. After I got my period back, I didn't want to mess with my horomones again, and possibly my milk supply. I realized how I felt more in control of my body. I felt great continuing to be off birth control and the choice was easy for me. I had also started going "back to basics" as I like to think of it. Breastfeeding and cloth diapering felt more natural to me, and I realized I wanted to do that with other aspects of my life and do things that have been working for thousands of years.

Expecting baby #4!

November 5th, 2007, 09:08 AM
mere2hayden's Avatar Regular
I got pregnant while on birth control!! I had been on the pill for about 4 months when I conceived. So far I've been practicing NFP for 3 1/2 years and....no surprises yet.

I don't agree with medicating just to medicate. I believe as an entire country we overmedicate for everything. It really isn't needed so long as you take care of your body and learn how it works.

I'm a total B&^%# when on those extra not needed hormones.

I trust my body more than I trust some little round pill that a stranger made. So far, my own body has been much more trustworthy.

Hayden Daniel 05.26.04
TTC Colin Rhys or Caitlin Brigh

</div>
November 6th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
I have tried so many kinds of BC and they all gave me bad side effects. I hated it. I new there had to be a better way. So once I heard about NFP I new it was perfect for me. Plus I love knowing all about my body. It is so neat. And it is a birth control that me and my SO ca do together.

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search