Spotting vs. AF

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2007, 06:46 AM
geo-geek
I look at my chart and even though the temps are all messed up with my CM and O pain on CD 25 I am 99.9 % sure I ovulated then. I got brown CM on the night of CD 31 and this morning it is heavier. I am concerned that if it is AF my LP is really short! How do you tell the difference between spotting and AF? Also how likely is it to get pregnant the day after ovulation if your CM has dried up? I am trying to stay realistic but the way my body is acting is messing me up. On CD 29 night I had a huge pain in my upper frontal part of my uterus. The next day my temp dropped and it is going up again. The day after the drop is when the spotting started. Knowing this what would you say...early AF or implantation? I am confused with the whole BDing PM after ovulation.
October 30th, 2007, 07:29 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mark AF when it becomes heavy enough to require more than just a pantyliner.

The reason for this is because you want to include pre-menstrual spotting days with your LP to make sure you get an accurate LP length. Yes, it does look like it could be a short LP - but that's normal the first few cycles off hormones and should lengthen out to a normal length with time.

Conception is very possible the day after your CM dries up though too, and the timing is right for implantation. Only time will tell just what it is!

I'm not sure what Toni Weschler's rules are for that one, but other forms of the Sympto Thermal Method teach that a woman must consider herself potentially fertile for the first 3 days after the mucus ends OR until she has 3 temps which are higher than the previous 6 - whichever happens LAST if they do not coincide perfectly. With the Billings Ovulation Method, infertility begins the 4th morning after Peak (the last day of slippery mucus).

The reason for 3 days is because the ova can live up to 24 hours. (Day 1 of post-O fertility). Then if double ovulation is going to occur, it will happen within 24 hours of the first one - and your chart will not show it (Day 2 of post-O fertility). And then that ova can live up to 24 hours (Day 3 of post-O fertility). Considering those 3 days potentially fertile ensures that the ova is dead and conception is no longer possible at all.
October 30th, 2007, 07:58 AM
geo-geek
Just so I read it correctly, it is either or. If AF starts short LP (normal after horomanal BC for a while) and if spotting stops take the test? BTW I have only had to use a liner so spotting it is (for now).
October 30th, 2007, 08:21 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Right, either or. If it doesn't become a full-blown AF, a test will be accurate in about another week.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search