progesterone deficiancy?

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2007, 03:25 PM
geo-geek
I took a test today and it was positive but AF also started today, medium to heavy bleeding. My temps never really rose all that much after ovulation so I am thinking that my natural progesterone levels are down because of trying to restart production after depo. I was just wondering if this was a valid reasoning with my charts.
November 1st, 2007, 11:33 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry Rachel. How are you feeling about the positive?

As for your question, the Depo recovery is a completely valid reason for the wackiness. I've seen a wide variety of charting complications following Depo, but the most common is related to low progesterone - short LP's, brown pre-menstrual spotting. This is something that generally improves with time - from cycle to cycle, but sometimes the improvement can be slow.
November 5th, 2007, 10:00 AM
geo-geek
Well lets just say that I was really happy that I was reading my symptoms right rather than makeing them up and thinking I was pg when I wasn't. I am finnished with my period now and my test was neg. I guess really early miscarriage. I am now older and wiser with FAM and will not break any rules in the slightest now that I know DH has super spermies. I am going to the doctor to make sure everything is alright. I was happy but scared with the positive because I have gotten used to the idea that I need to wait until school is over so I thought that my dream of a masters was shot. It was kind of a rollercoaster but I am better now.
November 5th, 2007, 10:26 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you're feeling OK now. I can imagine that even if you weren't trying right now, that it would still be kind of emotional to have a loss right now too.
November 5th, 2007, 11:10 AM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
Looking at your chart, it looks anovulatory so it's confusing how you got a BFP. I've never been on BC so I don't have any advice there. I do have a progesterone deficiency and I also had low post-O temps and short LP (11 days). Low progesterone will you give you a much higher chance to have a m/c. I would talk to your dr and see if he can do your 7DPO/CD21 progesterone test this cycle. HTH and I'm sorry for your loss.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twin GIRLS!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search