Shawna

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2007, 08:29 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
I'm not sure about my temps and ovulation. I've never really had a spike that I can see, at least on htis cycle anyway.

I've been away for a few weeks, but I've been maintaining my chart on paper and I'm currently putting stuff in so not all of it is in, but can you take a look and let me know when you think I may have ovulated? It's just so weird.

I'll have to take a look at TCOF and see hwat it says about not temp spiking.

November 27th, 2007, 08:34 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Neither chart shows a thermal shift, unfortunately. Remind me, are you post Pill?
November 27th, 2007, 08:44 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
I haven't been on the pill for 12 years now. It ballooned me out so I got off that after two years. I basically have to look at my CM in order to figure out when I'm the most fertile and so forth.

What I'm doing now is using the TCOF software to give me an estimated time in which I'm fertile and so forth based on my CM and the temps that I do have recorded.
November 27th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Did you get a chance to read all the way through TCOYF? It explains how to navigate through annovulatory cycles - basically you just act as thought it's one long pre-ovulatory phase. Assume all CM is potentially fertile, and if you have 3 dry days in a row you can consider yourself infertile as long as you remain dry. Hard to say if you still might ovulate this cycle or not, I hope so!

Is there any other reason you might not be ovulating - are you breastfeeding? Have you recently stopped breastfeeding? Any thyroid problems?
November 27th, 2007, 11:31 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
My cycles have ALWAYS been weird. One month 40 days, another month 25 days. It's never been regular. I figured once I started charting that I would still be able to figure out when I truely ovulate, but based on me not having a temp shift, it's still a semi-guessing game. Thankfully, I understnad my body enough now, I think, where I know when I'm really fertile and when I'm not. Before, it was a total guessing game.

As for reasons as to why I might not be ovulating: no, not breastfeeding. I have never breastfed Caleb becuase I wasn't able to. I've had thyroid studies in the past, but it was normal.

I obviously ovulate because I had Caleb. I guess I just need to find my shift, but it's just so hard to figure out since I've never had a real shift. Or maybe these past few months are just weird. I don't know.

Leave it to me, to be the weird one in this group.
November 27th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Quote:
My cycles have ALWAYS been weird. One month 40 days, another month 25 days. It's never been regular. I figured once I started charting that I would still be able to figure out when I truely ovulate, but based on me not having a temp shift, it's still a semi-guessing game. Thankfully, I understnad my body enough now, I think, where I know when I'm really fertile and when I'm not. Before, it was a total guessing game.

As for reasons as to why I might not be ovulating: no, not breastfeeding. I have never breastfed Caleb becuase I wasn't able to. I've had thyroid studies in the past, but it was normal.

I obviously ovulate because I had Caleb. I guess I just need to find my shift, but it's just so hard to figure out since I've never had a real shift. Or maybe these past few months are just weird. I don't know.

Leave it to me, to be the weird one in this group. [/b]

Chances are you just ovulate later in the cycle and sometimes not at all. You're not the only weird one, my cycles are COMPLETELY wacko too! My earliest ovulation on record was CD23, but the rest are anywhere between CD35-CD65! That just means there are no advance predictions for me, I have to be on top of what's going on all the time when we're TTA. Every cycle is a whole new adventure! LOL

Keep it up, having a larger database of charts to draw from will help paint a picture of what's going on! You may still ovulate this cycle, who knows?

November 29th, 2007, 01:05 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree with Shawna and I don't think you're Oing based on your charts. It's good that your charting so you can see exactly what's going on. There be a medical reason for the annov. cycles. Have you had your thyroid checked?

November 29th, 2007, 03:17 PM
*1Boy1Girl*
In my previous post, I think I stated that I've had thyroid studies and they all have been negative...let me check: yeah, 5th post from the top.

However, I think it's official that I may have ovulated. Check out my chart!! It's the highest temp to date.

What do you think?
November 29th, 2007, 03:46 PM
That's looking a bit promising - except it's a tad too early to say for sure, as your CM hasn't dried up yet (and you need 3 high temps to confirm ovulation). The signs (CM and BBT) don't have to match up perfectly, but they do have to agree at some point! Let's see what happens over the next few days!
November 29th, 2007, 04:22 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
That's looking a bit promising - except it's a tad too early to say for sure, as your CM hasn't dried up yet (and you need 3 high temps to confirm ovulation). The signs (CM and BBT) don't have to match up perfectly, but they do have to agree at some point! Let's see what happens over the next few days![/b]
Ditto!! Sorry I didn't read thoroughly. Have they ever checked your prolactin levels or for PCOS? Just trying to think of what would cause this.

November 29th, 2007, 04:27 PM
*1Boy1Girl*
I don't think so.

I have an appointment with my OB-GYN on December 19th, and will bring this up to him.

Hopefully, I'll see a shift. <crosses fingers>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search