Am I Infertile? Weird CM....

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2007, 01:02 PM
OrangeHope's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For a few months I have been charting and have been checking my CM but it seems like it's always the same I do take the time to look at it and feel it with my fingures but it's always this gummy dry feeling I don't get CM thats strechy...between the 14CD & 15CD I feel some runny CM on my underwear but when I go check it in the bathroom it's a bit watery but nt really, when I pick it up it's more crumbly and dry...maybe theres some thing I'm not doing right..

I'm worried if my CM isn't normal that might be a sign I'm infertile or don't ovulate?

I'm sorry this might be a stupid question I'm just new to all this NFP and feel a bit freaked out from the thought of maybe being infertile...

November 28th, 2007, 01:51 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
For a few months I have been charting and have been checking my CM but it seems like it's always the same I do take the time to look at it and feel it with my fingures but it's always this gummy dry feeling I don't get CM thats strechy...between the 14CD & 15CD I feel some runny CM on my underwear but when I go check it in the bathroom it's a bit watery but nt really, when I pick it up it's more crumbly and dry...maybe theres some thing I'm not doing right..

I'm worried if my CM isn't normal that might be a sign I'm infertile or don't ovulate?

I'm sorry this might be a stupid question I'm just new to all this NFP and feel a bit freaked out from the thought of maybe being infertile... [/b]
There are no stupid questions! When you're first learning about NFP, it's a lot of information to take in all at once! We've all been there once upon a time!

When you make your CM recordings, do you also include what you feel - like you said when you feel something runny, do you record those kinds of feelings too? The vulva is so sensitive that it can FEEL the presence of mucus when it would take 10 times the amount to actually see with the naked eye, so that's likely why you are feeling wetness but not seeing too much when you actually try to look at it or feel it with your fingers. Those feelings you get are very important for understanding CM patterns. What you see or can observe with your fingers is only half of the picture, what you feel as you go about your day is the other half of the picture! Some women never actually see much visible mucus at all, but can still monitor their fertility by paying attention to what they feel and how those feelings change from day to day.

In order to understand it all better and evaluate your fertility, I would highly recommend working with an instructor to see just what's going on! It will make everything so much easier to understand if you have someone to coach you through it step by step. If you would like to PM me, I would be happy to look over your CM observations from the past few cycles to see if there is anything I can help you understand better.
November 28th, 2007, 02:12 PM
OrangeHope's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you so much Shawna! that makes so much sense why I felt a nice amount of CM but when i looked to check it felt and looked like hardly any thing was there....

I would get a coach but I can't afford it right now plus I don't think there is one in my country, theres not even a BBT here and I went as far as asking my mother in law who's a doctor and she said she knows what I'm talking about but theres none of them here....I'm waiting to move the the States and then get a coach there

November 28th, 2007, 02:30 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Thank you so much Shawna! that makes so much sense why I felt a nice amount of CM but when i looked to check it felt and looked like hardly any thing was there....

I would get a coach but I can't afford it right now plus I don't think there is one in my country, theres not even a BBT here and I went as far as asking my mother in law who's a doctor and she said she knows what I'm talking about but theres none of them here....I'm waiting to move the the States and then get a coach there [/b]

Which country are you in? There might be teachers around and you don't realize it, I can do a quick check and see!

Also, the Billings Ovulation Method has an online course you can take (some of the ladies on this board have actually used it). They pair you up with an instructor via email for all of your chart consultations. Don't let cost deter you, they are completely willing to waive the fees if needed. They're not in it for the money, their philosophy is that every women deserves to understand how her body works. The fees just help with all the operating costs, but they won't turn anyone away because of it. The website states:
"There is a fee of $25 for an introductory period of instruction from a qualified teacher of the Billings Ovulation Method. If you wish to continue with long term instruction from the teacher then there is an additional fee of $75. Fees will be waived in the case of hardship."
Here's the website for that course:
http://www.woomb.org/bom/teaching/learningBOM.html

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search