First non BCP AF!!

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
So I am getting my AF (i believe) today, the first one since going off the bcp. It's so strange because for the last 10 years i would get really bad cramps and bloated before my period, but this time i just have light spotting and no cramps/bloating. Maybe the full flow will kick in tonight or tomorrow, but it really took me by surprise! I'm only on CD 26, i guess i wasn't really thinking that it could even happen before CD 28 (probably that bcp mentality from all those years)....i'm seriously hoping/praying that the flow stays this light! LOL might be a pipe dream as I think i read somewhere in TCOYF that flows are usually heavier off the bcp......
November 28th, 2007, 02:58 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you sure it's not implantation bleeding? Have your temps dropped, or are they staying high?
November 28th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
lol dh would freak! i'm assuming its not implantation bleeding.....my temp was still high this morning when i noticed the spotting.......oh god....if u could see the look on my face right now u would realize that i JUST realized what that meant after i typed it out........wait ur temps drop when u have AF? or stay high? i wish i had TCOYF with me right now!!
November 28th, 2007, 03:54 PM
Quote:
lol dh would freak! i'm assuming its not implantation bleeding.....my temp was still high this morning when i noticed the spotting.......oh god....if u could see the look on my face right now u would realize that i JUST realized what that meant after i typed it out........wait ur temps drop when u have AF? or stay high? i wish i had TCOYF with me right now!![/b]
Well, given the fact that the bleeding is:
a) earlier than you expected
B) lighter than you expected

I wouldn't rule out implantation bleeding. Implantation bleeding occurs 7-10 days after conception, whereas a normal Luteal Phase is 11-16 days long. Of course, since you are post-Pill, it's reasonable to expect a shorter LP than normal...but the light spotting with no cramps is highly suspicious.

When menstruation occurs, your temperatures should drop below the coverline. They don't drop right away for everyone, sometimes they don't go down until a woman has already had her period for a few days. But keep watching for the next few days, if your temps stay high for 18 days or longer...that's just as accurate as a BFP is.

November 28th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Platinum Supermommy
oh can you even imagine dh if this was implantation bleeding.....after all my talk about failure rates, reliability of FAM etc etc........i swear if it is this is definately fate because we used double protection every time we DTD....... i just checked in the loo and no more AF action going on down there....... *gulp*...... i wish we could just KNOW what's going on down there......i'm sure its just some wierd post-pill anomaly......
November 28th, 2007, 04:26 PM
Quote:
oh can you even imagine dh if this was implantation bleeding.....after all my talk about failure rates, reliability of FAM etc etc........i swear if it is this is definately fate because we used double protection every time we DTD....... i just checked in the loo and no more AF action going on down there....... *gulp*...... i wish we could just KNOW what's going on down there......i'm sure its just some wierd post-pill anomaly...... [/b]

Well, *if* it is implantation...it simply proves that barriers have failure rates, which they do. FAM has a high reliability rate if abstinence is practised during times of fertility, that's in TCOYF too. If barriers are used during the fertile time instead, the reliability rate drops to that of the barrier of choice.

November 29th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
So - nothing since yesterday morning. *gulp*
Looked in TCOYF under spotting midcycle......my chart looks like the one for implantation bleeding.......still had high temp this morning.
i am getting paranoid.....i was really dizzy and nauseous a few days ago but attributed it to a flu........

I would actually welcome some cramps right now!
November 29th, 2007, 08:30 AM
Hang in there! You'll know one way or the other in another week or so!
November 29th, 2007, 01:50 PM
The Purple Butterfly's Avatar Stacey
As soon as I read the 1st 3 sentences my first reaction was.... IB. Oh boy. I don't even know what to say. No temp drop is also very suspicious too. I always get one 2 days or so before AF, but everyone is different. Do you use FF? It would be great to actually see the pattern.
Oliver (5) VBA2C, 7lbs 3oz, 19.5"
Grayson (10/16/13)2VBA2C, 9lbs 12oz, 22"
born sleeping at 39w pg; Protein C def, FVL, PAI-1 , & MTHFR
Lavender Kate (5/20/14) 2.5oz, 6" Lost at 16w

EDD May 12th with identical twin GIRLS!!

November 29th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Hey! You updated your chart to include the BDing information! I'm not as suspicious about IB anymore, not with that timing. LOL

November 30th, 2007, 01:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
PHEWF

My temp dropped a little more today and i got a bit of spotting again. I'm thinking that my body is just trying to get AF to happen!
That was scary though - yeah I thought the BDing information would be helpful, i actually didn't realize that it didn't display then i checked it out and made the update.
I'm really excited to continue with FAM now.......I was worried about being pg on so many levels, not only the baby but you probably know how many people said stuff like "Let me know when you're pregnant!" after I told them I was doing FAM, not to mention dh asked me if i was "tricking him" by using FAM. He was really understanding at first when i told him i was going off BCP - but that little sentiment came out later, oh well, he'll learn. I'm not one to handle abuse very well so I was just imagining what they all would have said if i was pg, and I would never want that kind of negativity surrounding my pregnancy. I am really excited to one day use FAM to get pg tho, and for now so happy to avoid

Also, thanks so much for all your support and advice!!
December 1st, 2007, 09:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Temp went up again today! Now I know my body is playing tricks on me!! lol

My Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search