Umm...O'ing on Day 7??

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2007, 05:44 AM
AnnaBananasMom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I stopped using BCP in May and had been doing Billings Method since then to avoid pregnancy. My cycles were fairly consistent, ranging from 29 to 27 days over the next several months. My charts were very clear, and I never had any issues.

Two cycles ago, out of the blue, my cycle was 35 days long, which made me panic a bit! I took a HPT and everything. However, AF came, and all was well. Then, the next cycle (previous to the current one) was only 25 days long. It started off with a very light period, which scared me about implantation bleeding. However, by late in the second day (day 2 of the current cycle), it was a normal period, maybe even slightly heavier than usual. I'm not sure why my past two cycles have been so strange.

Well, DH and I had been talking about TTC in January, but with these two little "scares," it kind of got us a little excited about it, so we decided to move our schedule up and this cycle we'd TTC.

Well, I was still having decent spotting from AF on day 6 (day before yesterday). Enough to still consider it to be AF and go through several pantiliners. But then, yesterday, Day 7, I was having colorless EW CM as if I was in mid-cycle. On top of that, by late afternoon, I was having significant ovarian pain for several hours.

Just in case, DH and I DTD anyway last night But I'm still confused. The day after my period has been a safe day as long as I have been charting. All of a sudden, it's different. Everything has been off lately. Could I have O'ed so early in my cycle given that everything else has been off lately?

Video Montage of Anna's First Year
November 30th, 2007, 08:55 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I stopped using BCP in May and had been doing Billings Method since then to avoid pregnancy. My cycles were fairly consistent, ranging from 29 to 27 days over the next several months. My charts were very clear, and I never had any issues.

Two cycles ago, out of the blue, my cycle was 35 days long, which made me panic a bit! I took a HPT and everything. However, AF came, and all was well. Then, the next cycle (previous to the current one) was only 25 days long. It started off with a very light period, which scared me about implantation bleeding. However, by late in the second day (day 2 of the current cycle), it was a normal period, maybe even slightly heavier than usual. I'm not sure why my past two cycles have been so strange.

Well, DH and I had been talking about TTC in January, but with these two little "scares," it kind of got us a little excited about it, so we decided to move our schedule up and this cycle we'd TTC.

Well, I was still having decent spotting from AF on day 6 (day before yesterday). Enough to still consider it to be AF and go through several pantiliners. But then, yesterday, Day 7, I was having colorless EW CM as if I was in mid-cycle. On top of that, by late afternoon, I was having significant ovarian pain for several hours.

Just in case, DH and I DTD anyway last night But I'm still confused. The day after my period has been a safe day as long as I have been charting. All of a sudden, it's different. Everything has been off lately. Could I have O'ed so early in my cycle given that everything else has been off lately?[/b]

Were you able to confirm a clear Peak last cycle? I'm wondering if maybe this period wasn't actually menstruation, but breakthrough bleeding - associated with ovulation and highly fertile. If there was any doubt about Peak last cycle, this is a definite possibility.

As for the weirdness, I've seen a similar pattern very often! Several of my clients stop the BCP, and things are more or less normal for the first few months...then suddenly they get all wacky for awhile, before becoming normal again. But that's just one factor. It's hard to comment on what may have been responsible for the weird cycles without knowing more about how your life was going - stressful? Were you sick? Have you travelled? Have you changed your diet or medications? All of those can contribute.

It's worth mentioning that even the most regular women ovulate a little earlier or later from time to time, and there's no real reason for it other than that every woman is unique, and every cycle is unique!

Don't hesitate to contact your instructor for a consultation so she can see what's been going on. She can likely clarify a few things, so you know more about what's going on while heading into TTC territory! Best wishes with that!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search