CM and temp questions

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 1st, 2007, 08:19 AM
geo-geek
I am pretty sure that I have ovulated because of my temps now that I have gotten another thermometer, but I am confused about CM. I had good EWCM last cycle but if I have Oed then the most fertile kind was 1 day of Creamy, one day of watery and that is it. My CP I 5 days ago was medium to high, soft and slightly open and when I checked last night it was low firm and closed further telling me that I am not fertile now and passed ovulation. I have only had 1 tiny bit of sticky CM each day for the last 3 days but my cycles are usually longer and I am looking at a textbook 28 day cycle if I have Oed. I missed a few days of temping but they seem to be as high as the temperatures last cycle if not a bit higher. Also, is it possible that before O temps are a wide spread and after O they are stable? I have seen that in my last 2 cycles but I was wondering if that could be another sign. Sorry for all the questions.
December 1st, 2007, 03:33 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First of all, when did you start using your new thermometer???
December 3rd, 2007, 08:49 AM
geo-geek
The 28th. I bought it because I was feeling wet CM and wanted to use temps again. Do you think that it is the difference in the thermometer that made it jump?
December 3rd, 2007, 10:32 AM
Quote:
The 28th. I bought it because I was feeling wet CM and wanted to use temps again. Do you think that it is the difference in the thermometer that made it jump?[/b]

Really? Well crap then. You can't rely on your temps if you switch thermometers mid cycle, because different thermometers can have as much as a degree or two difference between them. If your new one reads a little higher than the old one it will look a thermal shift occurred when it didn't. Switching isn't a big deal, but you have to switch at the beginning of the cycle. You can replace the batteries in an old one mid-cycle and that won't affect anything though.

So because your mucus hasn't shown a clear Peak (and you can't rely on the temp rise on your chart right now) - you have to assume you're still waiting to ovulate. If your body revs up to ovulate and fails to go through with it, your cervix can return to a low/firm position until the next attempt - so without mucus and/or temps to back it up, it's not a conclusive sign.

December 3rd, 2007, 11:44 AM
geo-geek
Thanks. I have been getting stereotypical O symptoms so you would say that if my temp goes up from these new coverline temps then it would confirm ovulation. I was 30-35 days pre BC and I have seemed to go back to that post BC so you answered my question about the whole thermometer thing. I didn't know that it could be that much off. I guess I think that things should be callibrated better.
December 3rd, 2007, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Thanks. I have been getting stereotypical O symptoms so you would say that if my temp goes up from these new coverline temps then it would confirm ovulation.[/b]

Yes, if you have 3 high temps over 6 low ones (ALL with the new thermometer) - then you can definitely call it a thermal shift!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search