cervical mucous questions

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2007, 12:02 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I am trying to figure out what is going on with my body. I have been having what I think is ovulation pain for days now. I am mostly having it on my left side today but have been having little sharp pains off and on all day for the last week. I keep thinking I am about to o but I don't think I have. I was having a LOT of cm. It was very slippery and I think it was eggwhite cm. The last three days I have been noticably drier but I am still having some type of cm just trying to figure out what kind it is. I found this really great link with pictures of cm and I know exactly which one fits mine the best.

Here is the link http://giftfoundation.org/PDF/The_Ovulation_Method.pdf

If you scroll down to page 4 you will see pics of cm. Are these all considered fertile cm and if so which is most fertile? I am having cm that looks thick but it is also pretty stretchy. I think the middle picture on the bottom row best describes what I have been seeing the last few days. What kind of cm is this considered?

I want to be marking my chart correctly.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 2nd, 2007, 12:48 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I am trying to figure out what is going on with my body. I have been having what I think is ovulation pain for days now. I am mostly having it on my left side today but have been having little sharp pains off and on all day for the last week. I keep thinking I am about to o but I don't think I have. I was having a LOT of cm. It was very slippery and I think it was eggwhite cm. The last three days I have been noticably drier but I am still having some type of cm just trying to figure out what kind it is. I found this really great link with pictures of cm and I know exactly which one fits mine the best.

Here is the link http://giftfoundation.org/PDF/The_Ovulation_Method.pdf

If you scroll down to page 4 you will see pics of cm. Are these all considered fertile cm and if so which is most fertile? I am having cm that looks thick but it is also pretty stretchy. I think the middle picture on the bottom row best describes what I have been seeing the last few days. What kind of cm is this considered?

I want to be marking my chart correctly.[/b]

All mucus is considered potentially fertile as it leads up to ovulation, but once you evaluate the WHOLE progression - then you can consider certain types of mucus infertile after ovulation has been confirmed. There is no hard and fast rule about what kind of mucus is infertile and what is fertile, because each woman is different. Creamy might be one woman's most fertile mucus, whereas creamy might be completely infertile for another woman.

Basically, the mucus needs to develop and change over a matter of days - becoming increasingly wet and more lubricative (this is something you FEEL as opposed to something you see.) Following ovulation, it will dry up drastically. That doesn't mean you have to be completely bone dry without any mucus at all, but you should notice a significant CHANGE from being very wet and slippery, to being substantially drier.

Does that explain a bit? It's important to evaluate mucus as a pattern...the overall pattern of how it progresses towards ovulation, and then dries up abruptly after ovulation.

The pictures are simply meant to give you an idea of what you may happen to see, but don't let them trip you up. The mucus you can SEE is only half of the picture. The sensation produced by the mucus (whether you feel wet, or slippery, or dry, or sticky, or whatever) is the other half of the picture. Both are essential for accurate observations, which is why I prefer the TCOYF software because it gives you that option to record what you FEEL....whereas FF limits you to visual observations only.

December 2nd, 2007, 03:36 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Thanks Shawna. That helps a lot. I have been feeling much drier the last couple days and I had really wet slippery cm for days. I mean a lot of it. I was sure I was about to ovulate but I still don't see it with my temps. Plus my cervix position was never high and that was something that I definitely noticed with my other cycles. I guess I will just wait and see. I may have a stinky chart this month because of my ectopic. I hate waiting.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 2nd, 2007, 07:06 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
I noticed my last cycle was a lot different, and it was my first cycle post ectopic surgery....

December 2nd, 2007, 07:43 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Thanks Shawna. That helps a lot. I have been feeling much drier the last couple days and I had really wet slippery cm for days. I mean a lot of it. I was sure I was about to ovulate but I still don't see it with my temps. Plus my cervix position was never high and that was something that I definitely noticed with my other cycles. I guess I will just wait and see. I may have a stinky chart this month because of my ectopic. I hate waiting.[/b]

The first cycle after a miscarriage can definitely be a little different than what you are used to, so yeah - time will tell.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search