Does anyone use Fertility Friend?

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Amy B.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just started, and I wondered if that program kind of figures everything out for you. I have just been putting my temps in. Will it kind of tell me everything else?

I will post the link here if someone wants to look at it and see if you can tell anything. I didn't chart my temps a few days before I started the chart (thinking AF would actually show up). I know the temps were in the 97s then. I'm waiting for my second postpartum AF. My last one started on Nov. 3 and lasted for two weeks. I've taken 2 HPTs in the past week or so, and they've both been BFNs. We've only DTD once without anything during that time. We're using condoms until we can get everything figured out (i.e. until my next AF comes). I used to always have 28 day cycles.

Here it is:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1e075a

Thanks!

Thank you, peimum, for my beautiful siggy!

December 11th, 2007, 10:50 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Fertility Friend is a handy charting program, but it's definitely not designed for trying to avoid pregnancy - it's meant for couples TTC. It often gives false interpretations, which would lead a woman to think she's already ovulated and is infertile...when she actually hasn't ovulated yet at all. It can be used as a tool for charting, but should not be relied on alone without first learning to interpret your charts for yourself (so you'll know when FF is misinterpreting things ). FF's mucus categories are also a bit too limited for TTA - especially if the woman is experiencing constant infertile vaginal discharge.

Ovusoft is a much more comprehensive charting software and it has strict settings for TTA (and doesn't often give false interpretations either). It's definitely worth the money! But again, no charting software should replace being able to make your own interpretations.

December 11th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I use it, but like Shawna said, I read up on charting as well, so I know what's going on for myself and don't really rely on FF. I basically use FF so I can share my info with my online friends.

Here is My Chart
December 11th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Thanks, ladies! I will definitely be looking to gain more knowledge on charting for myself.

December 11th, 2007, 03:00 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I use FF and TCOYF. I like both for different reasons. I think that TCOYF is a much better program though if you are just getting started charting and also if you are trying to avoid pregnancy. FF marks my o date wrong all the time so if you use it change your settings to use the Fertility Awareness Method. I think TCOYF is better though because it tells you everything you need to know each day.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
December 11th, 2007, 05:34 PM
Patty--I just purchased the TCOYF book, so maybe I'll look at their charting online too. Thanks!

December 12th, 2007, 02:13 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Quote:
Patty--I just purchased the TCOYF book, so maybe I'll look at their charting online too. Thanks![/b]
I think I got a disc with my book. It isn't too much when you consider you can use it for years.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search