Shawna

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 12th, 2007, 12:29 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
I need your help. I know he hasn't read the BOM info, but he still doesn't believe me when I explain stuff to him. How do I help him understand? Nothing I have said has helped.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

December 12th, 2007, 07:30 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I need your help. I know he hasn't read the BOM info, but he still doesn't believe me when I explain stuff to him. How do I help him understand? Nothing I have said has helped.[/b]

Honestly, I run into this all the time and for whatever reason it just doesn't seem to click with the guys until they hear it from someone else!!! I wish I knew why! Ordinarily, I would highly recommend having him participate when you meet with your instructor...but since you did the online course, that doesn't really apply here. So, next best thing...

Have him do the charting. At the end of the day, you tell him your observations and let him be in charge of writing it down (or entering in the data if you're charting online) and he can also be in charge of selecting the appropriate stamp. It seems pretty simple and it will probably be a pain in the rear for you to let him do it, but it will help him internalize everything he has read so far and SEE for himself how it works. Showing him your chart doesn't let him internalize it the way that it will if he does the charting himself.

After our second son, our teacher cracked down on that for us...and pretty much insisted that DH do all the charting. He was on board with NFP from day one, he had taken all the training with me...but it still didn't click for him either. He just relied on me to be good cop/bad cop and tell him if it was safe or not, but couldn't read my chart at all to save his life. After he started the charting, he totally got it! Writing in the little 1, 2, 3 let him know where we were so I didn't have to be bad cop anymore, and it also helped him memorize the rules. Why are we counting 1,2,3? Oh yeah, Early Day Rule number 2! None of that clicked for him until he was solely responsible for the chart. It's worth a shot!
December 12th, 2007, 07:41 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just thought of one more thing. My husband HATES reading, so that would probably be the last thing I'd suggest to him...if your DH is the same way, maybe a cartoon would help! LOL

He can watch how the little spermies can't get into the cervix during your infertile times.
http://www.woomb.org/bom/ovCycle/animation.html

If he doesn't mind reading though, why not ask him to read (it has pictures):
http://www.woomb.org/bom/rules/BOMII-A4.pdf

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search