Well, what does this mean?

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 21st, 2007, 04:13 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
OK, backstory and then my question. I have a 6 1/2 month old son, prior to his conception, and for part of the pregnancy, my husband was deployed, so it has been a little while since I did a lot of charting. I am now having my 3rd post partum AF, k? My first one happened...well 40 days before November 24th, whenever that would be. I correctly predicted when my AF would arrive by assuming I would have a 14 day leutal phase, as I always had previously. Though I recently read here that while breastfeeding it may be shorter, but mine was 14 days long for that cycle. Well then on the next cycle, this one that has just ended (cuz my AF started this morning) I ovulated on CD 17...so I figured, I'd start AF on CD 31, right, that makes sense to everyone, doesn't it? Well, today is...CD 27.

Now here's a little bit more info on this cycle. I had sex on CD 14 cuz I was a goof and I guess I wasn't paying attention, I'm NOT TTC. So I was slightly worried I might see a BFP. I then came down with every sickness on the planet (hence my current siggy) and have off and on all week had over 100 degree fever, anywhere from 100 to like 104, and then it goes away and comes back. I'm on an antibotic eye drop for pink eye and one for strep throat, cold medicine AND I'm still breastfeeding, a boy who's clearly in a growth spurt.

Another fact, I've never been irregular in the sense that my periods didn't follow a pattern. Before my daughter I had 28 day cycles. Once a year, MAYBE twice I would have like a 30 day cycle. Then after my daughter they were 35 for a year, then down to either 31 or 30 until I got pregnant with my son. Now at this moment I feel like I'm in a WHOLE new ball game cuz this isn't just REALLY far away from 40 it doesn't even make sense...I had a 9 day leutal phase???

WTH? Any words of wisdom? And if I don't respond right away...I'll be back, it may be a few days though, because as I've mentioned things are not too great right now.

December 21st, 2007, 07:28 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Implantation bleeding generally occurs 7-10 days after conception/ovulation - and it *can* be heavy enough for women to mistake it for menstruation, though it is usually lighter or shorter than a regular period. You may want to take a test to rule that out and then we can speculate some more.
December 21st, 2007, 10:45 PM
I'm back cuz now I'm worried something is WRONG with me, not just a WEIRD cycle. I have NO cramping, but I'm REALLY heavy (which is why I don't think it is implantation bleeding, I mean REALLY heavy). I NEVER have heavy bleeding without cramping. In my last cycle I started cramping and what would have normally been about the end of my period and all the sudden I was bleeding heavy again, and then it died off...I mean heavy bleeding equals cramps for me...but I'm actually, tmi, bleeding through the tampon...anyone have any thoughts.

December 22nd, 2007, 10:44 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok, then probably not implantation. But it's not unusual for your LP to fluctuate a bit if you are still breastfeeding, so I really wouldn't worry too much about it. If you find that it's still fluctuating a lot 6 months after you wean, then it's time to worry about a problem.

December 23rd, 2007, 08:18 AM
sara~b's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to sara~b
Hormones from BC, pregnancy, etc can really mess you up. I had a Mirena IUD removed 4 months ago. Since then I had anywhere from a 21-29 day cycle with O anywhere from CD 13 - 16 and a LP that has varied from 8-15 days. The first month without it I bled so heavily and cramped so much I was afraid to leave the house! The next two cycles I still bled heavily but the cramps were bearable. This cycle I could probably go with just a panty liner all day and I have NO cramps. It's been a crazy ride for the past 4 cycles but my doctor and ob/gyn both said it's normal after such a big hormonal change!

Running for my health and sanity!
PR's: 5k-25:05 (old PR 25:10), 5M-45:03 (old PR - 47:22), 10k - 52:00 (approximate - training), HM-2:25:58 (ran a 2:17:36 during marathon), Full- 4:49:25 (old PR -5:49:40), 50k-7:05:56, 50M-13:31:14, 100k- 18:59:31 (old PR 20:56)
(All of these PR's are going down this season!)

My Pregnancy Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1c6297
December 24th, 2007, 03:01 AM
Thank you ladies, I keep asking myself as the weirdness continues if it could have been like a chemical pregnancy or something that caused my cycle to be so weird, I just tonight passed a really large clot, and now that I have, I'm cramping like crazy...so I guess I can stop worrying about the not cramping thing...hmmm...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search