the different types of NFP

Forum: Natural Family Planning and FAM

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Natural Family Planning and FAM LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 22nd, 2007, 09:40 AM
illinoismommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Can you gives me a summary? I need to find the one that is going to work best for us
Baby expected January 2nd, 2010!

"In the first place, whether you choose or no to take any trouble about the formation of his habits, it is habit, all the same, which will govern ninety-nine one-hundredths of the child's life. We are all mere creatures of habit. We think our accustomed thoughts, make our usual small talk, go through the trivial round, the common task, without any self-determining effort of will at all." -Charlotte Mason
December 22nd, 2007, 09:45 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
I was actually thinking about this the other day.

I'm a very visual person. Is there a way that this could be done in chart form?
December 22nd, 2007, 10:41 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Can you gives me a summary? I need to find the one that is going to work best for us[/b]

If you go to the NFP Resource sticky, there is an NFP Method Comparison at the very bottom of the first post. That gives a very brief run-down of all the methods and the differences between them.
December 22nd, 2007, 11:23 AM
Quote:
I was actually thinking about this the other day.

I'm a very visual person. Is there a way that this could be done in chart form?[/b]
Like a method that relies mostly on visual CM observations only? The old version of the Couple to Couple League (CCL) method emphasizes visual observations. Their charting system is not that different from TCOYF though, pretty similar. The Creighton Model (CrM) also gets pretty in-depth with the visual appearance of the CM, but their charting system is entirely different than what you are familiar with. With Creighton, there is a "menu" on the back of the chart with about 25 different types of mucus observations to choose from (each one has a code, you enter the appropriate code on your chart). Sensation isn't disregarded with CrM though, it's still very important...but their charting system might be more user friendly for someone who likes visuals! CCL can be self-taught with their home study program, but the Creighton Model cannot. You have to learn it from a Fertility Care Practitioner.

The problem with relying on visual CM observations alone is that it isn't the whole picture. The vulva is so sensitive that it can feel the presence of mucus when it would take 10 times the amount to see with the naked eye - so many women notice that they feel a wetness or something a few days before they actually see any mucus. If a couple assumed they were infertile up until visual mucus was present, it could be too late - as the "sensation" is the first warning sign and if there is enough mucus to produce a sensation at the vulva, there is enough mucus to keep sperm cells alive!

December 22nd, 2007, 11:51 AM
*1Boy1Girl*
I meant visual as in putting all the methods into one chart and seeing the difference between each method
December 22nd, 2007, 11:58 AM
Quote:
I meant visual as in putting all the methods into one chart and seeing the difference between each method [/b]

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!! Gotcha!!!!

Sorry. No visual. But maybe I'll make that my New Year's Resolution, to make such a chart!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search